Boardman Road Sport Specialized build and more!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
there are trim positions with the shifters. This means you can do a half click with the left shifter which moves the derailleur inwards a small amount to stop rubbing
Trouble is, it's outside of the derailleur frame that is rubbing. I can stop the rubbing if I pull the cable tighter by hand when in low gear. It is like the whole FD would fit better if it was laterally spaced another 2mm away from the frame and more in line with the chainset.

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
Waiting for an update,how's it ride 😁?
Well I only have very limited experience. Compared to the Allez which was a bit too small it's just as fast, just as agile and due to the longer wheelbase a bit more stable when turning, especially at slow speed in tight turns.
I think that if I knew how to use all 22 gears I could go faster than the Allez and very likely scare myself!

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
Just changed the +4/-4 100mm stem for one advertised as +16/-8 90mm stem.
20221029_164411.jpg

Went for a short ride and was surprised at the improvement in responsiveness in the steering.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just changed the +4/-4 100mm stem for one advertised as +26/-8 90mm stem.
View attachment 666260
Went for a short ride and was surprised at the improvement in responsiveness in the steering.

suprised you could tell the difference in handling , i run 110 on one and 80 on another and i can tell nowt :smile: although i think your a similar height and i find 90 the sweet spot on this frame

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
suprised you could tell the difference in handling , i run 110 on one and 80 on another and i can tell nowt
Do you have the 2 stems on identical cycles?

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
I must admit that I wasn't expecting to notice anything different. I think that the small adjustment in geometry and the change in riding position, being closer to the optimal for my size and the back to back rides may have made the difference more noticeable. I'll see if I can still feel a difference tomorrow or if it's just my imagination playing tricks on me.

Top Bottom