Bob A Job: remember?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

Shoes...Polishing shoes that was what I always seemed to end up doing, it obviously had a profound effect on me, I love polishing shoes:blush:

longers

Legendary Member
Instead of Bob a Job we went to Steamtown and washed cars in the car park for the weekend. Once some bloke gave us a fiver not to touch his Merc . A good idea probably. We got to nick off every couple of hours and go play on the trains and in the sheds for a bit and earned a good deal of money for the cubs and scouts.

Couldn't do it nowadays - it's shut ;).

asterix

Comrade Member
Disgruntled Goat said:
It didn't. He died on Lake Coniston trying to break the water speed record.

Are you sure the large blue car wasn't this?

2536302574_366133e6e4_o.jpg

Yes very similar to that.

Brains

Legendary Member
Bob-a-Job was dropped years ago, I did it as a Scout in the late 60's, but by the time I became a Scout Leader in the early 90's it was long since consigned to history.

Our group has even dropped the bi-annual fundraising Jumble Sale on the basis that the effort involved was more that it was worth.

Like many Groups we put it to the vote a few years ago, to Leaders, Parents and Kids. It costs about £130 per kid per year to run an urban Scout Group, You can either change that amount in membership fees, or you can charge say half that amount but then every Leader, Parent and Kid will be involved in several fundraising events per year to make up the difference. The overwelming vote was forget the fund raising as it's a lot less effort to pay the money

Top Bottom