FNRttC Bognor, Friday, April 27, 2018

Do you want to do this ride?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Redlight

Thoroughly enjoyed this one last year - signed up again :-)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
"Date:
27 April 11:00 PM - 29 April 2018 10:59 PM

Routes affected:
between London Bridge / London Victoria and Horsham / Littlehampton / Bognor Regis / Portsmouth Harbour / Southampton Central

Engineering work is taking place between Three Bridges and Horsham, closing all lines.

Services between London Bridge and Horsham will run between London Bridge and Three Bridges. Services between London Victoria and Bognor Regis will run between Brighton and Littlehampton.

Services between London Victoria and Littlehampton will be extended to run between London Victoria and Portsmouth Harbour / Southampton Central. Services between Brighton and West Worthing will be extended to run between Brighton and Littlehampton

London Victoria to Portsmouth Harbour / Southampton Central services will not run.

Replacement buses will run between Three Bridges and Horsham.

Check before you travel:

You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner

You can find the location of your bus replacement by checking station signs or by searching for your station on our station information pages

Bicycles:

Non folding bicycles are not allowed on rail replacement bus services at any time. Folding bicycles are allowed if fully folded. For more information, please see here."
Bits in [my] bold seem somewhat contradictory to me.. are trains running or not, brainless TOC web author? According to the journey planner, trains all the way through to Victoria (change at Barnham or just ride there first). Given Southern's fondness for weekend engineering work on that stretch, they might as well just give up on trains and run buses all year round....planning on getting the century for the month done Saturday or Sunday, probably head east. Do I have train options? Do I b.......

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Beeb forecast reckons rain all night, Met Office and Norwegians both say dry. Hopefully the majority have it....

rb58

Enigma
Excellent...

...and can you arrange for it to do a 180° turn for the SMRBtH'ers?
Amazingly, the Met Office has it doing just that - a tail wind for the ride down and a complete change in direction for the ride back. I'll believe that when I see/feel it.
Untitled.jpeg

Top Bottom