Bonj, Spawn of Satan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
rich p said:
My suggestion that whoever picks up the forum relay jersey from him should give him a good kicking is possibly OTT, then?:smile:

Maybe just a little harsh. I'm kind of sorry I'm not collecting the jersey from Sheffield. I still think he's a nutter, but a likeable one.:wacko:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
User76 said:
You're all talking about him like he exists! He is obviously and experiment at some polytechnic somewhere, the crazed tutor has bet the students a tenner they could not write a programme which spews endless, pointless durge at random onto a forum on the interweb. He is probably paying up right now. How else do you explain his complete lack of knowledge about anything at all, except for

<incomprehensible explanation of solution tree for traveling salesman problem>

See, he's not real.

I have already wondered if he's an experiment in artificial unintelligence. Mind you, I don't think any of you are real. You honestly didn't think The Matrix was a work of fiction, did you?:smile:

*takes the red pill*:wacko:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I think he is ok. He looses me sometimes on things.
He has given some good advice aswell as being entertaining.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
TheDoctor said:
I have already wondered if he's an experiment in artificial unintelligence. Mind you, I don't think any of you are real. You honestly didn't think The Matrix was a work of fiction, did you?:evil:

*takes the red pill*:biggrin:

Neither is "The Thirteenth Floor" a work of fiction. :tongue:

I know that Bonj lives in a high rise flat. ;) And he has unique windows that reflect an alternative universe.* :blush:

* Bonj, you can probably remember which thread that was in, I will try to locate it.

Chris James

Über Member
I think Bonj is quite good fun and he does challenge lazy thinking and received wisdoms. However he rarely appears to change his mind when faced with overwhelming evidence contradicting him.

Still, he comes up with some great one liners - my favourite was when he said that we should do DIY cavity wall insulation and when people expressed doubts he said 'fine, get milked through the nose' or something like that. A superb mixed metaphor and Bonjism in one.

U

User482

I'll give Bonj this much, he's not afraid to ask the "stupid" question. The trouble is that he doesn't listen to the answers.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
TheDoctor said:
I have already wondered if he's an experiment in artificial unintelligence. Mind you, I don't think any of you are real. You honestly didn't think The Matrix was a work of fiction, did you?:evil:

*takes the red pill*:tongue:

LOL!
I've always called my anti depressants my 'Blue Pills'!

T x

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
tdr1nka said:
LOL!
I've always called my anti depressants my 'Blue Pills'!

T x

The ones that put you back in the matrix?:evil:

We're not here because we're free. We're here because we're not free.

*gets ideas for new sig line*

SamNichols

I think that everyone works under the assumption that Bonj here is the same as Bonj at Cycling Plus. I'm not convinced that they're even the same person.
Since I've got here, I've always found that I quite often agree with him, and find him useful to move debates along. The only time we haven't seen eye to eye was on the special needs thread, but that was for specific reasons. So, yes, at this mythical meet up, then I'd happily converse with him.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I'll also agree with Chuffy. A complete fool, but in the classic sense of being quite happy-go-lucky and funny as well as missing the ability to get to grips with ordinary reasoning - fundementally a nice bloke, and someone who genuinely enjoys his cycling (and seems to have got better at it and more knowledgable since he's been one of us...). Have another pint...

Top Bottom