bonj, what the hell..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
bonj said:
There is. The proof is that the fish didn't previously exist. They do now. The only possible explanation for that is that they have recently evolved. No other possible explanation could explain it. The old "they might have existed but not been discovered" story is a load of old balloney because humans have explored every corner of the earth.

This is bollocks, you bloody idiot. Do some reading then come back to us and tell us how much we know about the deep ocean trenches. Or anything under the sea over the edge of the continental plate.

col

Legendary Member
Isnt it the case,that we know more about space,than we do about under the sea?Its just too deep,and we dont have the ability to go that deep yet?

bonj2

people might not have BEEN there, but they've scanned it / sent subs down there.
The marianna trench is the deepest part of the ocean anywhere, and subs have been down there.

Abitrary

I don't think bonj literally means 'corner', rather than we are extremely unlikely to be surprised by anything, to the extent of not bothering looking in geographical areas where we know what is likely to be there.

It's a nice idea that dinosaurs exist in the centre of the earth, but I think we need to be realistic if just for the sake of the argument.

bonj said:
people might not have BEEN there, but they've scanned it / sent subs down there.
The marianna trench is the deepest part of the ocean anywhere, and subs have been down there.

Yes, two expeditions have been there, at huge cost around fifty years ago, before the US navy pulled the plug on the research funding. The sub that went down there was the only thing capable of doing so which has ever been built, and I don't think it exists any more. Just because we've been there doesn't mean we know everything there is to know about the place. I mean, I've been to Stafford but I don't know everyone who lives there.:smile:

bonj2

So, therefore, if anything is discovered there now, then it must have evolved some time between the 1950s and present day!

abchandler

bonj said:
So, therefore, if anything is discovered there now, then it must have evolved some time between the 1950s and present day!

Tosh. Who's to say any expedition anywhere discovers everything that was there at the time

Abitrary

You average biologist will tell you that its a greater concern to sift through and classify the stuff we 'think' we've already discovered, rather than going out and finding new stuff, or else we are building on shifting sands.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Abitrary said:
Like I said, it's a massive letdown, not what you see necessarily, but the immediate realisation that noone is going to believe you. It is probably the same with people who see a *real* ghost. You're just not going to bother telling people.

I wouldn't wish a UFO on anyone, because it just makes you more aware of people's potential cynicism, and the world therefore just a little darker and colder.

Fair enough.

But what I was actually getting at is that I think you should favour us with your account of how your were whipped off to the planet Qwulp or whatever happened. An accurate account of what you saw would at least be interesting. I don't think many people have a problem with what people say they saw, it is rather the interpretation/explanation which can be controversial.

Jaded

There used to be a hairdresser's in Birmingham where the lady who washed your hair went topless.

I guess that's as close to a rain forest as you'll get in Birmingham.

Dave5N

Über Member
Andy in Sig said:
Fair enough.

But what I was actually getting at is that I think you should favour us with your account of how your were whipped off to the planet Qwulp or whatever happened. An accurate account of what you saw would at least be interesting. I don't think many people have a problem with what people say they saw, it is rather the interpretation/explanation which can be controversial.

He doesn't like to be probed.

Top Bottom