Book "message in a bottle"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

I was having a look at my bookshelf tonight and got to thinking about how far the books I have sent to others have travelled and how many have read them. There seems to be a good network going on the forum, and I see it as a bit of a "message in a bottle" fascination on my part to know where they travel.

So, if you sent/got a book from someone on the forum, who did you send it to/get it from and where did it go?

(and continued apologies to Speicher for still not having got round to finishing the book she very kindly sent me...:eek:)

mondobongo

Über Member
I sent Discovery Road to User76 and still see it being passed around, also had One More Kilo off someone and passed it on to Longers I think. Davyo sent me Rough Ride by the much maligned Paul Kimmage don't know who it went on to but someone had it on here. Pretty much all done before the days of sticking your name in came to be.

mondobongo said:
I sent Discovery Road to User76 and still see it being passed around, also had One More Kilo off someone and passed it on to Longers I think. Davyo sent me Rough Ride by the much maligned Paul Kimmage don't know who it went on to but someone had it on here. Pretty much all done before the days of sticking your name in came to be.

Did I? Don't remember that! :wacko: Must have been in the days/daze when I had a memory! ;)

Longers has had 2-3 books from me, and RT one. As for the others, God only knows! :becool:

longers

Legendary Member
I've had a few from Scandinavia (cheers Dayvo) and a few with 'Teef marks in.
No idea where they are now though.

What happened to Chuffy's Tour De France annual? That's lying low at the minute.

In a local pub we came across a boook marked witha "Book Crossing" sticker.

A US based organisation that suggests you should set books free to the world by leaving them somewhere they will be found.

If the system works you can track where your book goes!

You enter the ID on the website then the list comes up, and you can add your contibution....

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

The last few books I passed on I signed my username o the inside cover in the hope that others would follow...

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
longers said:
What happened to Chuffy's Tour De France annual? That's lying low at the minute.
He sent it on, but can't remember who it went to...;)

Top Bottom