Bored facts that you have found out while in lock down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
As a rival studio held the ‘Ghostbuster’ name, shooting initially began by recording a duplicate for every scene - Ghostbusters and Ghostbreakers.
I just googled that.

apparently they paid €500,000 plus 1% of profits to use the Ghostbusters name.

despite making over $250million the Hollywood accounting practices ensured the film never made a profit! So they didn’t pay out!

johnnyb47

Guru
Whilst tinkering around with my old banger of a car today i discovered that the nut i was trying to undo was actually a captive nut. I spent the best part of an hour trying to undo it, only to realise it was actually welded to the subframe. Looking at the other side I'm ashamed to say i discovered the bolt that undone in seconds.
You live and learn 🔩🤔(International wally brain of the year)

Last edited:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Patrick Troughton served in Motor Gun Boats in WW2, fighting against German E-Boats and shipping. He won a 1939-45 Star, the Atlantic Star, ans was mentioned in dispatches for "for outstanding courage, leadership and skill in many daring attacks on enemy shipping in hostile waters"

Jon Pertwee served on HMS Hood but was transferred just before the Bismark sunk it. Then he was attached to the Naval Intelligence Division, reporting to Winston Churchill and Clemens Atlee. He used to teach commandos how to use escapology equipment.

None of the other Doctors served in the forces except William Hartnell, but he was only in the army for 18 months, serving in the Tank Corps, before he was invalided out after suffering a nervous breakdown.

PK99

Legendary Member
Patrick Troughton served in Motor Gun Boats in WW2, fighting against German E-Boats and shipping. He won a 1939-45 Star, the Atlantic Star, ans was mentioned in dispatches for "for outstanding courage, leadership and skill in many daring attacks on enemy shipping in hostile waters"

Jon Pertwee served on HMS Hood but was transferred just before the Bismark sunk it. Then he was attached to the Naval Intelligence Division, reporting to Winston Churchill and Clemens Atlee. He used to teach commandos how to use escapology equipment.

None of the other Doctors served in the forces except William Hartnell, but he was only in the army for 18 months, serving in the Tank Corps, before he was invalided out after suffering a nervous breakdown.

I worked with Patrick Troughton's sister. She looked uncannily like him.

Brains

Legendary Member
If you're from Woking, does that mean you're woke?:reading:

It means you are Chinese culinary expert.

1591112734428.png

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
A very clean wok makes a good face shield but only works if you walk backwards . Probably ...... will test it in Tesco tomorrow .

Top Bottom