Bottle Cage Problem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Probably best to not bother to use the downtube bosses at all. Shame. Gez

Yes it is a shame because a bottle on the underside of the down tube marks you out as a proper tourist.

Now all people will think is you are some bloke out for a bike ride.

what about a 500ml bottle? does that still catch?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I have a 60cm Ridgeback tourer & ditched the 3rd bottle holder. I could have probably managed with a smaller bottle, but then realised I never really need more than 2. My tours never take me too far away from 'civilisation' so I can normally top mine up frequently & 2 bottles is plenty. If you really need more fluids than 2 bottles, have you considered a camelbak?

OP
OP
Gez73

Gez73

Veteran
I have a 60cm Ridgeback tourer & ditched the 3rd bottle holder. I could have probably managed with a smaller bottle, but then realised I never really need more than 2. My tours never take me too far away from 'civilisation' so I can normally top mine up frequently & 2 bottles is plenty. If you really need more fluids than 2 bottles, have you considered a camelbak?
That's a good idea too. Thanks. To be honest was just trying to see if there was an option for using the bosses at all. Would get away with the two available cages but figured I'd use the third one if I could. Just needed the mounting holes to be nearer the top of the cage than they seem to be on anything I have seen so far. It's not life and death though. Cheers Gez

screenman

Legendary Member
6inch Ali strip fixed to the frame and then the cage fixed to that, only 4 holes to drill. Simples.

Top Bottom