bottle cages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
alecstilleyedye said:
i find it slightly hilarious that folk spend a wedge on a bottle cage that's a few grams lighter, only to fill it with a bottle full of water/juice. how much does that weigh? it's like having a carbon bike and putting fatty arbuckle on it.
OT it reminds me of that US site where posters spend a fortune on lightweight bikes only to carry heavy guns.

OP
OP
roadiewill

roadiewill

But it is important to carry enough water, especially in summer. Im planning on filling one bottle with energy drink, and the other with water ... anyone else do that?

bonj2

roadiewill said:
ok found a few now, but can anyone explain why this cage is specifically a MTB one? I quite like the look of it, it would be fine on a road bike surely???
It would work, the only reason it's described as a MTB bottle cage is that it is designed to take an MTB bottle - but there's no reason why you couldn't fit a road bottle in it. As others have said - people do do that with much success.

walker

roadiewill said:
But it is important to carry enough water, especially in summer. Im planning on filling one bottle with energy drink, and the other with water ... anyone else do that?

depends on the distance I'm riding, I can normally last on just one bottle of Energy drink

gavintc

Guru
roadiewill said:

Yes, I find that energy drink can become quite sickly after a time and I like a swig of clean water, particularly after taking a gel. On a sportive, I will take a bottle of energy drink and one of water. On shorter training rides, I take just a bottle of weaker energy drink.

Top Bottom