Bowie gone now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
R.I.P David Bowie

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
We were just discussing him last night on the Tea thread as I was having my first listen to the new album. Always influential and interesting, not always successful to everyone but one of those moments when I found out this morning where I was genuinely shocked.
He was telling everyone though, the lyrics to 'Lazurus', the current single.
Bowie.png

RIP David

Globalti

Legendary Member
He should have given up singing about 20 years ago and retired along with Elton John and Paul McCartney, Townsend and Daltrey and all the other geriatrics whose fans keep kidding them they can still reach the high notes.

I've just endured 75 minutes of Radio 4 eulogising Bowie in the car. It bugs me when somebody like this dies and suddenly everybody was their greatest fan and saw them numerous times at various edgy venues.

Last edited:

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
He should have given up singing about 20 years ago and retired along with Elton John and Paul McCartney, Townsend and Daltrey and all the other geriatrics whose fans keep kidding them they can still reach the high notes.
If this particular 'geraitric' continually toured, performing 'hits' he had 40 years ago to the same audience he had back then, you might have had a point.

rugby bloke

Veteran
I hope this is an appropriate place for this thread. But I'm sure I'm not the only person shocked to hear of the passing of David Bowie this morning.
A music icon and a massive musical influence through my whole childhood and teenage years.
RIP Major Tom, Ziggy Stardust and Alladin Sane.

Mod note: post moved into existing thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sad news but my dad died at 69 also and no one gave a toss. I hear Cameron and yon Archbishop of Canterbury have "tweeted" their condolences.:rolleyes:

U

User482

I've just endured 75 minutes of Radio 4 eulogising Bowie in the car. It bugs me when somebody like this dies and suddenly everybody was their greatest fan and saw them numerous times at various edgy venues.

If only you had some way of turning your radio off.

Anyway, speaking as someone a generation younger than Bowie, I always appreciated that he continued to make new music, rather than rely on his expansive greatest hits catalogue. RIP.

Top Bottom