Bowie gone now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Drive In Saturday. The Man Who Sold the World, The Prettiest Star, Starman, All The Young Dudes all bring back happy(and sad)memories of my early teen years. After that when he started doing that soul stuff it went a bit flat for me.

There's a grave in the local cemetery with the words to the song Lady Stardust on its headstone. I knew the lad,he died in a scooter crash in 1980. He was a big Bowie fan(obviously)

Mrs M

Guru
Aw, sad news.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I didn't want to mention it because I don't want to seem to be looking for sympathy but as it happens for the last three months my wife and I have been nursing her mother who is sick with cancer in our front room, which we have turned into a hospital. Our house stinks of urine and we have stream of healthcare visitors, not to mention some very awkward and demanding relatives to deal with so I'm sorry for upsetting anybody but you'll understand that I have my own priorities at the moment.

Mrs M

Guru
I didn't want to mention it because I don't want to seem to be looking for sympathy but as it happens for the last three months my wife and I have been nursing her mother who is sick with cancer in our front room, which we have turned into a hospital. Our house stinks of urine and we have stream of healthcare visitors, not to mention some very awkward and demanding relatives to deal with so I'm sorry for upsetting anybody but you'll understand that I have my own priorities at the moment.
Very sorry to hear this, my best wishes to you.

D

Deleted member 26715

RIP. 69 is no age at all. A huge chunk of my youth gone :sad:
No it's not but with his early lifestyle I think he did very well, others of his generation didn't fair so well, his music has always been in my life he will be missed.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Very, very sad news. Keenly felt round my neck of the woods, as he was a local lad.

Tributes appearing outside Zizzi's in Beckenham, I hear (which was The Three Tuns pub, home of his Beckenham Arts Lab in the late '60s).

RIP, Ziggy.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
That is very sad.

I hope your MIL & you all find strength through love & family bonds.

Best of British to you all.

RedRider

Pulling through
Shocking news. What a loss.

An arl colleague of mine, total space cadet, knew his family and jammed with him back in the 60s. Texted he was in tears this morning.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Strange how death causes a change in attitude to a person.

I've just read the first page of Any Bowie fans out there? thread in which Bowie is called a 'nobber' and 'a pretentious twat'.

One of those posters is now on this thread calling for compassion, and presumably wouldn't now label Bowie as a pretentious twat, purely because he's died.

I'm not criticising @User13710 particularly, I'm sure a lot of us do it.

I had a particularly unpleasant senior manager who died from cancer in his mid-30s.

Plenty of people who disliked him as much as I did changed their tune bigstyle after his death.

I couldn't bring myself to be so dishonest, so I ducked it by keeping quiet - mostly.

D

Deleted member 26715

Strange how death causes a change in attitude to a person.

I've just read the first page of Any Bowie fans out there? thread in which Bowie is called a 'nobber' and 'a pretentious twat'.

One of those posters is now on this thread calling for compassion, and presumably wouldn't now label Bowie as a pretentious twat, purely because he's died.

I'm not criticising @User13710 particularly, I'm sure a lot of us do it.

I had a particularly unpleasant senior manager who died from cancer in his mid-30s.

Plenty of people who disliked him as much as I did changed their tune bigstyle after his death.

I couldn't bring myself to be so dishonest, so I ducked it by keeping quiet - mostly.
Myself & @User13710 do not see eye to eye on a lot of things & we clearly don't on the point of Mr Bowie's music but even I find this post very distasteful

Top Bottom