Bowie gone now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not ashamed to say that Starman brought a tear to my eye whilst driving to work this morning. Seemed very apt to hear those words

It was the first line in his last single that got me...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JqH1M4Ya8

RIP DAVID I saw him in 1990 at the Milton Keynes Bowl a fantastic day!
My friend fainted close to the front at that one... right at the start of his set... she got taken to the medial facility that filled up during the show... right at the end she felt well enough to go back out and caught the last encore... and was then gutted to find out Bowie did a quick meet and greet with all those who missed the gig where she had been ten minutes before...

claudbutler

My friend fainted close to the front at that one... right at the start of his set... she got taken to the medial facility that filled up during the show... right at the end she felt well enough to go back out and caught the last encore... and was then gutted to find out Bowie did a quick meet and greet with all those who missed the gig where she had been ten minutes before...[/QUOTEIf me
If memory serves it was a boiling hot day, we got there at 9 in the morning just so we could get to the front we must have been mad .

OP
OP
subaqua

subaqua

What’s the point

This is brilliant. When we grow up we forget how to be nearly 5.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Does anyone know how tall he was? We were just watching some clips on the news when my wife said:" he doesn't look that tall, I thought he was taller"..
My guess is about 5'7?

It's only now he's dead that I can tell how important he was to me (very much more than a lot of my actual family members). He was more than an inspiration, he was a constant. I bought all of his albums on vinyl/cassette/cd - but only up until 'Lodger'. He let us know that it was OK to be odd, to be different, to be extraordinary. He paved the way.

Blackstar might be his best album ever. It'll take a few listens to know for sure.

Top Bottom