Bowie gone now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
subaqua

subaqua

What’s the point
If only you had some way of turning your radio off.

Anyway, speaking as someone a generation younger than Bowie, I always appreciated that he continued to make new music, rather than rely on his expansive greatest hits catalogue. RIP.
sometimes you come across as a proper nob, this however is one of the times when you make a truly brilliant post .

Brian Stacks

He should have given up singing about 20 years ago and retired along with Elton John and Paul McCartney, Townsend and Daltrey and all the other geriatrics whose fans keep kidding them they can still reach the high notes.

I've just endured 75 minutes of Radio 4 eulogising Bowie in the car. It bugs me when somebody like this dies and suddenly everybody was their greatest fan and saw them numerous times at various edgy venues.
If you are not effected by this news then I do not want your stuped mindless comments! !!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
He should have given up singing about 20 years ago and retired along with Elton John and Paul McCartney, Townsend and Daltrey and all the other geriatrics whose fans keep kidding them they can still reach the high notes.

I've just endured 75 minutes of Radio 4 eulogising Bowie in the car. It bugs me when somebody like this dies and suddenly everybody was their greatest fan and saw them numerous times at various edgy venues.
hmmm.... maybe, when you scuttle off this mortal coil, someone will troll your obituary. Won't that be nice?

If you can't say anything nice....

The Jogger

Legendary Member

Makes me wonder why people who aren't interested in the news comes onto a thread and writes two disparaging paragraphs on the subject. Nice

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well naturally I'm sorry to hear of anybody dying and I hope the poor bloke didn't suffer too much pain with the cancer, but I'm sure he received the best pain relief and palliative care so at the moment I'm more concerned about the little kids who are starving and freezing in northern Syria.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm more concerned about the little kids who are starving and freezing in northern Syria.
:rolleyes:
And you think that the Bowie fans on this thread, about David Bowie incidentally, don't give a toss about them?
A word of advice, I'd stop digging if I were you.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Well naturally I'm sorry to hear of anybody dying and I hope the poor bloke didn't suffer too much pain with the cancer, but I'm sure he received the best pain relief and palliative care so at the moment I'm more concerned about the little kids who are starving and freezing in northern Syria.
why don't you do the decent thing, delete your posts in this thread and go and post in that thread?

SteCenturion

I am your Father
:headshake:
My Step Dad died of bowel cancer aged only 59 & all the £££ or $$$ in the World, regardless of the quality of pain relief or palliative care could ever take away the physical pain & mental anguish of the sufferer or their suffering family & friends.

I liked MWSTW and Ziggy Stardust era Bowie but nothing since 1973 - which is fair play because he must have pretty well emptied the creativity larder having written so many good songs for himself and others in that period.

There is still a lingering bad taste about Mick Ronson's death - not attending the funeral or paying for his treatment - but I think that Mick had been suffering from the Rick and Bruce syndrome just prior to getting ill.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Wasn't the greatest fan of his music but still deeply saddened by his passing.

Part of my rites of passage along with flared jeans and platform shoes.

Bowie represented a c-change in British culture, in some respects. Used to think he looked weird and a bit of a 'queer' poncing about in what appeared to be women's clothes. We grew up, our attitudes changed, and, in some ways, the world became a better and more tolerant place.

A small part of that, at least, was because of people like Bowie.

And I still care passionately for anyone who is dying or suffering, whoever they may be, or wherever they are.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I almost wore Hunky Dory out when it was released back in the early 70s. I've still got it but no record player!
Bewlay Brothers was my fave then. Still a great song

Chameleon, comedian, Corinthian & caricature...

Always sad, but it helps when it's one who, you feel, 'got his money's worth' out of life.

Top Bottom