Bowing to the queen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
PaulB said:
What happened to the previous one hundred and ten King Richards?

Apparently when they released The Madness of George III in the US, they removed the 'III' from the title, on account of people would think it was the third in a series, and having missed the previous two, they wouldn't go.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Hilldodger said:
The Queen is more German than English. Her family name before they changed it in WW1 was Saxe-Coburg-Gotha

The last true English monarch was Richard 111 before he was murdered by the Welsh/French mans army.

Her fathers line and her husbands are strongly Germanic but her mothers side was British So Charlie is probably moore of a German than his ma.

darkstar

Andy Murray's official twitter page; "Few stories about me not bowing to the Queen if I play in front of her. Not the case, would be an honour and privilege, of course I’ll bow"

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Given that anybody with Angle, Saxon, Jute or Viking blood in them is also Germanic the whole thing shouldn't be a problem. Even the bloody Normans were originally from Scandinavia before they moved to France.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Yellow Fang said:
The Queen is the head of state, so Murray should bow.

Absolutely.

Isn't it just a question of good manners?

Of course - I have no problems with the concept of a constitutional monarchy and the acknowledgment that the Queen is the constitutional monarch - and it would appear the Mr Murray has been misrepresented anyway

I do have problems with a democratically elected parliment almost entirely populated by professional politicians but that is another matter

Saddle bum

Über Member
The Blair woman is reputed not to have curtsied to The Queen. There if one wishes to put oneself on the same level as her, one doesn't bow (or curtsey).

Seriously, it's not the person, it's the position she represents, ie. Head of State, that matters.

Orf with his head!!

darkstar

I'll post this again as it's ridiculous that people have taken this whole thing out of context... Murray's official twitter page; "Few stories about me not bowing to the Queen if I play in front of her. Not the case, would be an honour and privilege, of course I’ll bow"

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Every body should bow to the Queen!
Either voluntarily or with their head on the block!
ChoppingBlock.jpg

Attachments

• ChoppingBlock.jpg
    ChoppingBlock.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom