Brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheshire Celt

Legend
The brake pads on my new Scott s50 speedster are getting a little low would appreciate some advice on some good quality pads thanks in advance

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Koolstop brake pads are good quality. The salmon coloured are great for stopping in the wet but a softer compound than the black

Kool Stops. No further dicussion required. Buy the holders (usually come with pink/black pads) and fit the pink (salmons) as required. Perfect for Cheshire cowsh............

Progressive, quiet, sensitive. Nothing better - even though I've not tried the rest. End of story.

You'll not regret them.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You must be using your brakes too much; my standard black Shimano pads are still mostly unworn after 4500 miles!

Regular cleaning of rims and pads will make them last longer and of course I seldom ride in wet weather, being a fair weather ponce.

You must be using your brakes too much; my standard black Shimano pads are still mostly unworn after 4500 miles!

Regular cleaning of rims and pads will make them last longer and of course I seldom ride in wet weather, being a fair weather ponce.

being a fairweather ponce probably explains why your pads are still unworn...

OP
OP
Cheshire Celt

Cheshire Celt

Legend
Yeh had a few wet rides lately

400bhp

Guru
There's a good website that do their own pads and are very cheap - can't temember it off the top of my head (Colin J knows it) but I bought 2 sets off them for about a fiver. They are pretty good pads too.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
im using aztec charcoals at the minute, i tried the cheapy clarks ones and i didnt stop so quickly binned them (kept the shiny shiny cartidge holders) for the charcoals. love them however care is still needed in the wet!

Yes:thumbsup:

FYI, I have bought swisstop before and they are excellent. However the discobrake pads seem to be no worse. They have been on the rear brake now for about 2 months and show very little wear (perhaps 1000 miles on them).
likewise, I'm using a std discobrakes pad set to replace my original SRAM pads (made by Swisstop) - they are just as effective..

Top Bottom