Brakes on a plane!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
On second thoughts - since Wiggle have disregarded my request for an order cancellation and sent the set out anyway. I'll keep them. Checking Decathlons website again, it seems Decathlon used their own branded brakes on the 540 instead of the brakes that come with the 105 groupset. While most reviews have said Decathlons own brakes arent bad, they arent anything amazing to speak of either - these ultegra 6700s will most likely be a good step forward i reckon but obviously i wont know till i have them here and fitted.

vickster

Legendary Member
If that is the case, coupled with the new pads, they should be an improvement. They are the same depth aren't they? I.e you don't have long drop currently

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
If that is the case, coupled with the new pads, they should be an improvement. They are the same depth aren't they? I.e you don't have long drop currently

I dont know about long drops but i did a lot of sifting through reviews and searching on google to make sure they were 100% 105 compatible.

There also wasnt any other choice to select on the 6800 or the 6700 so i webt ahead with the initial purchase. I also have a set of koolstop pads on the way for £8 each off wiggle according to recommendations in the thread. Was looking at swiss stop but they are a little pricey

Top Bottom