Brighton Cyclist Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dragon72

Guru
I was out for a run along Brighton seafront today when, arriving at the point where Madeira Drive meets Duke's mound down at beach level, the police had cordoned the junction off.
In the middle of the junction was a white road bike (I didn't get the make) surrounded by what looked like the cyclist's bag and personal belongings. Right next to the bike was a big blood stain and a bloodied t-shirt. It looked pretty devastating. No sign of the rider or an ambulance, I assume I got there after it had been and gone. The scene of crime cops were taking photos of the scene.
I really hope the rider's okay, although I doubt he/she is given what I saw.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Terrible to hear, I hope the cyclist involved pulls through!

OP
OP
dragon72

dragon72

Guru
Hit by a milk float at 8.20am this morning. Serious head injuries meant the rider was taken to the Neuro Unit at Haywards Heath. Condition life-threatening, according to Brighton&Hove News.
The driver of the milk float has been arrested under suspicion of dangerous driving.

Simply dreadful.

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
I was out for a run along Brighton seafront today when, arriving at the point where Madeira Drive meets Duke's mound down at beach level, the police had cordoned the junction off.
In the middle of the junction was a white road bike (I didn't get the make) surrounded by what looked like the cyclist's bag and personal belongings. Right next to the bike was a big blood stain and a bloodied t-shirt. It looked pretty devastating. No sign of the rider or an ambulance, I assume I got there after it had been and gone. The scene of crime cops were taking photos of the scene.
I really hope the rider's okay, although I doubt he/she is given what I saw.

Oh no not another one!!! I hope he/she is ok

Hope they are ok.

I regularly see road and cycle path commuters not wearing helmets where I cycle. I feel like shouting to them please wear a helmet to protect yourself.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I regularly see road and cycle path commuters not wearing helmets where I cycle. I feel like shouting to them please wear a helmet to protect yourself.

There is a sub form for that

Tynan

Veteran
seems a relevant post if it's serious head injuries

I'd say start a book but we may never find out whether they were you know what...

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
seems a relevant post if it's serious head injuries

speculation that he wasn't wearing a helmet. Hard to make any valid points without knowing what he was wearing, the kind of head injury and how bad it was.
Helmets won't protect your head from being run over by a milk float.

Hi gaz, I think you got the wrong end of my post, sorry if not clear. I was not referring to the accident.

however the accident did alert my mind to the cyclists I see wearing no helmets.

Top Bottom