FNRttC Bristol to Barry Friday Night Ride - 5th May (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

So, is there a route from the station to Clifton Bridge that doesn't involve a massive great hill?

The start point to the bridge is about 0.4 Ditchlings. We could avoid it altogether, but then you wouldn't get this:
4047720116_ffef8abc13_b.jpg

Aravis

Putrid Donut
So, is there a route from the station to Clifton Bridge that doesn't involve a massive great hill?
Yes, if you head past the Bristol Royal Infirmary to Clifton Village, across the bridge, along the south side of the Avon for a few miles, then back over the M5 Avonmouth Bridge.

I'm intrigued as to what the organisers have in mind. Best of all, in my view, would be to head out on the A4 along the Avon, under the bridge, up Bridge Valley Road (a stiff climb but with a very constant gradient), then over the Clifton Bridge as before.

U

User482

Yes, if you head past the Bristol Royal Infirmary to Clifton Village, across the bridge, along the south side of the Avon for a few miles, then back over the M5 Avonmouth Bridge.

I'm intrigued as to what the organisers have in mind. Best of all, in my view, would be to head out on the A4 along the Avon, under the bridge, up Bridge Valley Road (a stiff climb but with a very constant gradient), then over the Clifton Bridge as before.

Turn up on May 5th and you'll find out!

Barry to Bognor £27. :okay: May bank holiday, innit.

Hmmmm, I'm sure you're right about BH. I was thinking "first weekend in May" without actually thinking what day 1st May falls on.

As for your BH plans, dare I ask if this means the FNRttC on 28th April is now off the cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom