Brit humour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Because it's free ^_^
I hardly see a doctor, I'm blessed with good health, but I appreciate the women's health checks we get for free here, while in Italy you would have to pay or wait a lifetime on public healthcare.
The dentist here is much cheaper too.
Back on topic, the most funny British sitcom for me is "One foot in the grave".
When I mentioned this in the past, people go "What??? Nooo!"
Well if you like One Foot in the Grave you must have a British funny bone somewhere.

In any case I suspect that you aren't really Italian. Hardly see a doctor? You'll be telling us all next that you aren't constantly waiting for blood test results.
Italian dentist once told me that Italian dentists are the best in the world. Examining my solid functional fillings, some kinda golden coloured, he complimented the workmanship in a back handed way by telling me "we aren't gypsies".

Back on topic, one of the producers (albeit uncredited) of this most British of films - hymn to bungling and decrepitude etc - was Italian.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFfHiLPpgz8

Mario Zampi.

stephec

Legendary Member
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. just because you don't laugh or think it's funny doesn't mean everyone else should feel exactly the same way about it
That could be said of anything though, would you use that statement to excuse racist jokes as well?

Trying to as deliberately offensive as possible without any decent jokes isn't all that humorous, but as you say maybe that's just my opinion.

[QUOTE 5306199, member: 10119"]What is it in the question

[/QUOTE]

Sorry don't understand that line.

Have the impression that gramatically it should have a question mark at the end.

But still must admit I don't understand it.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I find the best humour always involves taking the p**s out of Mr Drago. I always get a kick out of taking the mick out of him. It is a source of constant amusement for me. :laugh:

The good thing about removing urine from Drago is that he's game and gives it's back in the same spirit . Also I can't see him running to mummy and daddy mods if you bruise his ego ... unlike .. well you know who you are .

Tim Hall

Have the impression that gramatically it should have a question mark at the end.

It did have a question mark, after a bit of quoted text.

It's not terribly complicated.
@stephec asked the question
would you use that statement to excuse racist jokes as well?
You responded
I'm not aware that roubaix has excused outright racism or given it a free pass.
I asked the question
[QUOTE 5306199, member: 10119"]What is it in the question [quote of the question asked by @stephec, namely "would you use that statement to excuse racist jokes as well?] that leads you to think that they've been accused of doing so?[/QUOTE]
Which, as pointed out by @Tim Hall, does indeed have a question mark at the end to signify that it is, indeed, a question.

So what is it in somebody being asked "would you use that statement to excuse racist jokes as well?" that, to your mind, constitutes an accusation of 'excusing outright racism' or 'giving it a free pass'?

yes - getting crazy - shades of times past - let's see how it goes.

Someone tell a British joke on this wondrous evening.

Last edited:
Yes it was supposedly/possibily. Has been attributed to him.

Before my time as well saluki.

But there is history. And it existed before the internet. Books and things.

Maybe you are channeling the Attlee Churchill double act in your dreams.

Top Bottom