Britain by Bike on Channel 5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It was a bit interesting as a time-filler-waster, but not much to do with bikes; they could have hiked or roller skated for all the cycling it showed. Never mind, I'll probably tune in again next week.

OP
OP
petek

petek

Über Member
No info at all about their bikes beyond that Larry's is electric.
That was a tad disappointing.
Enjoyed the scenery though, lovely part of the world and very easy-viewing after a busy week.

Biff600

Veteran
I barely watch much more than about 20 minutes of television each week because there is (IMO) nothing but tripe on, and Britain By Bike fell into that category too. I managed to endure it until the 1st load of adverts.

Might well be of interest to the non cycling members of our society, and those just setting out into cycling, frankly I last interest in just a few minutes.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Mod note:

Moved from 'Touring & Adventure Cycling' as the show is not specifically about touring etc and the thread may well have a broader based appeal here in 'General Cycling Discussions'.

grellboy

Veteran
Anyone else notice that the younger Lamb - who described himself as "reasonably fit" or some such - climbed Buttertubs with relative ease? I've never climbed it but I would have thought he might have found a hill considered to be 1 of Britain's 100 Greatest Climbs to be slightly more challenging. Dubious editing, maybe.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Anyone else notice that the younger Lamb - who described himself as "reasonably fit" or some such - climbed Buttertubs with relative ease? I've never climbed it but I would have thought he might have found a hill considered to be 1 of Britain's 100 Greatest Climbs to be slightly more challenging. Dubious editing, maybe.
I don't know the climb but there seemed to be an eagerness to call the cattle grid as the end of the climb. I suspect there's more to climb. Yorkshire looked spiffing though.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I climbed Buttertubs when I was "reasonably fit" with relative ease. Well, I remember that I did it but I don't remember much about the climb so it can't have been that bad. (I used low gears and took my time.)

What nearly killed me that day was climbing the fence and going over to look down into one of the 'tubs' (giant sinkholes in the limestone). My cycling shoes slipped on the damp rock round the rim and almost pitched me into the abyss! :eek:

Top Bottom