Britain by Bike on Channel 5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
petek

petek

Über Member
Those are GOOD pork pies too.
:smile:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
it was a bit slow but shop made pork pies yum yum

Then how much did that sheep dog Annie go for !!!
Damn right - I've had the black paint out on our Lhasa Apsos and they would definitely pass as a collie at distance. Next step is to get the bludgers to actually listen to me and stop chasing those effing sheep!

ETA
...and of course one man's slow, is another's "gentle". Not enough "gentle" TV IMHO.

pjd57

Veteran
Saw him going uphill on his electric bike and turned over.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
No info at all about their bikes beyond that Larry's is electric.
That was a tad disappointing.
Enjoyed the scenery though, lovely part of the world and very easy-viewing after a busy week.
We might get a bit more about the bikes drip-fed throughout the series, especially if George keeps doing stuff like Buttertubs, but I think a load of early waffle about lateral stiffness and vertical compliance would lose more viewers than the lack of info.

I enjoyed it. Ideas for future tours.

Well yes, but given the Giant logo is clearly advertised throughout the programme the occasional masking is nuts.
It may be Ofcom restrictions on the sizes and numbers of logos before it has to be declared as a product-placement show - does the show have the "PP" logo in the corners? I didn't think it did, although it had some "with thanks to" credits (and presumably that's why Larry especially is using more cycle-specific clothes and luggage than I suspect he might ordinarily).

Top Bottom