Britain by Bike on Channel 5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Showed a couple of sections I've cycled a few times now. Dumbarton to Tarbet is just short of 50 very flat miles round Loch Lomond and Loch Katrine is a cracking day out but the boys missed out the biggest part of the challenge which is the Dukes Pass, which is tough at the end of the ride.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It may be Ofcom restrictions on the sizes and numbers of logos before it has to be declared as a product-placement show - does the show have the "PP" logo in the corners? I didn't think it did, […]
I'm wrong, it did. Might be the limit on how often they can show a placed limit.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Just caught the second half of tonight’s programme around the Trossachs, very watchable. They were certainly lucky with the weather.
yes, they must have edited out several wet days in hotels

Edit: Actually I enjoyed it too. Lovely scenery in both episodes so far, and a bit more bike in episode 2.

OP
OP
petek

petek

Über Member
It was another good episode last night I thought. One thing for sure about that part of the world...Midges don't show up on telly.

Reactions: mjr

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Showed a couple of sections I've cycled a few times now. Dumbarton to Tarbet is just short of 50 very flat miles round Loch Lomond and Loch Katrine is a cracking day out but the boys missed out the biggest part of the challenge which is the Dukes Pass, which is tough at the end of the ride.

I was waiting for @Pat "5mph" to appear

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Shame the map at the start of the Loch Lomond episode put the National Park at the SW End of the Great Glen, rather than just north of Glasgow.

Simply not enough cycling content nor well shot scenery to sustain my interest. A bit like Antiques Roadtrip being marketed as "Antique Roadtrip by Classic Car", The means of transport, whilst interesting in both cases, is entirely incidental. I'd liked to have seen them ride different bikes for each show and do a little segment at the end reviewing the bike and its pros and cons in that context.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
This'll make you really cross too, then!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t69gd/episodes/guide

Don't think she dwells overmuch on the bike bit either. We'll just have to make do with the fact that they are using bikes to tour interesting places and meet interesting people, promoting bikes as a way to do just that.

Have no fear though, as I'm writing in to the BBC with my idea for a new series. I shall call it "Top Bicycle Gear". That'll have everyone debating triples vs compacts vs 1x and reach a prime time audience, I'm sure.

It really is just us, you know, who are interested in the nuances :smile:

Top Bottom