Britain by Bike.... really?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just watching Larry and George Lamb joking and wise cracking their way around Derbyshire. Both are wearing multiple layers in early summer weather and showing no sign of overheating and they both look pretty useless on bikes. Do they really do all the riding or do they just sit in the bus and jump out to film a few minutes before flopping back in the bus again?

I've just spotted that Dad has got his right ear trapped under his blue helmet strap. Come on!

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I think that it's great that they make those 'errors' to make us mere mortals feel better and think that we too could achieve those astonishing feats of human endurance.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I love the programme, their clothing for cycling is a bit wrong for summer but it’s not a bike show, it’s more about Britain, it’s villages and traditions. I don’t think it would look too good if they were both mincing around wearing Lycra!
I think they do a fair bit of the cycling, the son has been going to spinning classes for fitness prior to filming and the 70 year old dad pootles around on an ebike.

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
I heard him mention it was early spring in this week's show.

iandg

Legendary Member
Not long now - I discussed my 16 hour Hebridean Way ride, cycling in the Outer Hebrides and why (20 years ago) I chose to move from the Midlands to live on a remote island - a lot to edit into a possible appearance of 60 seconds. Not sure how much (if any) of the filming is going to be used. Due to air on Friday 21/09/18
1f914.png

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-progr...ith-larry--george-lamb--s2-e6-outer-hebrides/

44526660212_b0977b39af.jpg

43857962244_2a5a7a6f4b.jpg

Top Bottom