Britain by Bike.... really?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
Maybe Larry suffers with chronic helmet hair?

Not long now - I discussed my 16 hour Hebridean Way ride, cycling in the Outer Hebrides and why (20 years ago) I chose to move from the Midlands to live on a remote island - a lot to edit into a possible appearance of 60 seconds. Not sure how much (if any) of the filming is going to be used. Due to air on Friday 21/09/18
1f914-png.png

Really a lot of editing, I think. I would like to have heard more about your Hebridean Way cycle ride, but they gave more time to singing to tweed! But at least they didn't edit you out entirely.

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
Got me thinking about the Hebredian way though, like the lok of those roads.
Now how do I convince SWMBO its a good idea to disapear for week with the bike?

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I seem to remember that when the previous series of Britain by Bike with Clare Balding was shown, there were reports that she didn't do much riding off-camera.

D

Deleted member 26715

Does it really matter, it's just light entertainment

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm sure these stars don't actually do much walking or cycling or climbing. Remember Bear Grylls climbing the Commando Ridge at Bosigran with Anthony Joshua? Anybody who had a minute of climbing experience and knew the climb could see that the show was just sequences of the pair messing around on some easy ground off to the side of the ridge, stitched together with loads of long shots to give scale. They didn't get on the ridge and certainly not the knife-edge crux of the climb, which would have been too risky and too difficult to film. Walkers and cyclists are the same, the crew will film a few minutes of the spectacular bits then stitch them together later, often woefully mixing up the weather and the route.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I have no objection to what they're supposed to be doing, i think it's a smashing idea. What I object to is being taken for a mug and I have a strong suspicion that's what's happening here.

Top Bottom