Britain sure liked/likes its Strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
**THREAD RESURRECTION ALERT!**
I stumbled across this thread looking for something else, so thought I'd see how the heatmap looks now

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 16.01.24.jpg
Britain still loves it - glowing white hot, and it looks like France has go over it's fear of all things American. Australia seems to pretty well map on to the population. Russia is very dark. USA fly-over-country is not so much cycle over.

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 16.08.45.jpg

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
France has roughly the same population and double the land area as Britain.

Have a close look at south-facing hill sides and you'll see lots of weird swoopy Stravas. Took me a minute to work out that they are hang gliders!

For the cognoscenti of Lancashire, look at Parlick Pike just north of Chipping.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
**THREAD RESURRECTION ALERT!**
I stumbled across this thread looking for something else, so thought I'd see how the heatmap looks now

View attachment 398242
Britain still loves it - glowing white hot, and it looks like France has go over it's fear of all things American. Australia seems to pretty well map on to the population. Russia is very dark. USA fly-over-country is not so much cycle over.

View attachment 398243

See that dark blob in the middle, near Manchester? That's where I live. I'm doing my best to fill it in with Strava but not many roads

U

User169

Someone from Strava told me that Box Hill is the most popular strava segment globally (“by some metrics” was how he put it)

France has roughly the same population and double the land area as Britain.

Have a close look at south-facing hill sides and you'll see lots of weird swoopy Stravas. Took me a minute to work out that they are hang gliders!

For the cognoscenti of Lancashire, look at Parlick Pike just north of Chipping.
:biggrin:

When you zoom in, the URL changes ... so can you zoom in on one of the swoopy stravas and then share the link?

gaijintendo

Veteran
Australia seems to pretty well map on to the population.
That's part of the problem, the map is highlighting the places people live on the planet. If you could normalise it for that, it would be easier to interpret things. But, by taking it into account, it does seem underrepresented in swathes of the planet.

Top Bottom