Britain's Top 10 Cycling Climbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I have done none, but Jiggers bank is local-ish and sounds like fun.

bizarre selection...I knew they were joking when I saw they had Streatley Hill in there. How can a climb of less than 1km make it into the UK's top ten..?

Only the Tan Hill climb for me. It was on a bleak day into a headwind all the way, not what I would call hard but certainly a long slog. According to my garmin some sections were 16% not 12 as quoted.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Why have they just quoted from Simon Warren's books? This looks like an infomercial to me.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Only one of those but I have done it several times, Heol Senni also known as the Devils Elbow.

AberdulaisSennybridgeride002.jpg

Bit of an odd list though No mention of Gospel Pass, Bwlch Mountain ,Rhigos Mountain,Abergwesyn Pass(Devils Staircase),Black Mountain Rd (The Cuckoo) and thats just some local ones I could think of.

There's a lot better further north than the Devil's Beeftub, I'm sure they could have found something if they wanted to.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
crown point? hhmmm, obviously he hasn't done much riding around here. if he thinks that's nice then he's in for a some beauties if he expands his rides in the local area, i should know, i live 1 mile-ish from crown point rd.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
From that list, Tan Hill straight after a fat-boy fry-up ... I like a handicap.
Must go and do Streatley hill, it's close enough for an out and back blast.

Top Bottom