British Cycling Membership and Halfords 10% off Not Accepted??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
Well, it might help if they first fixed their computer system. If you return a product you bought with BC, they refund the pre-discount price. Nice 10% profit.

(Buy and return a couple of ultegra equipped bikes every week, and you could quit your job)
Good heads up.

Shame that they only sell the pedals and 10 speed chain from the whole Ultegra range. :sad:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Never had a problem getting discount at Halfords in Southport, just show your Cycling UK card and they scan a barcode on a piece of paper by the till which applies your discount. I have done this with sale items as well, without a problem.

When shopping at Halfords, it is worth looking at their website to find the online price first. This is often considerably cheaper than the store price, and when I pointed this out to the staff, they checked the online price, matched it and also applied the 10% Cycling UK discount.
The same 10 % off anything in store but not C2W, just show my card and they scan a discount code in a folder they have under the till.

bpsmith

Veteran
"Cycle republic"

I was in a branch with @vickster and they had multiple bikes over £1000.

Standard disclaimer - they may have fixed their software. It's a few months since I was the happy profitter from this bug.

Note: proffitter is not a word.
Haven’t set foot in one of their stores for ages now anyway.

Reactions: mjr

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
They were making it up as they go along, I got the 10% off with C2W
Then you were lucky .
https://www.cycle2work.info/employees/faqsYou can shop in-store at any Halfords and Cycle Republic – find your local stores here. ... If you're a member of British Cycling you cannot use your discount when ... The cycle to work legislation doesn't include a list of 'approved' products so ...

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
To be honest, on the odd time staff haven't been sure about the discount (typically in the motoring section, like when I bought the Thule bike carrier), I just ask if they can try scanning the BC barcode in the folder under the till.
It's never failed to work, yet.

J1888

Über Member
Then you were lucky .
https://www.cycle2work.info/employees/faqsYou can shop in-store at any Halfords and Cycle Republic – find your local stores here. ... If you're a member of British Cycling you cannot use your discount when ... The cycle to work legislation doesn't include a list of 'approved' products so ...

Quite - it was the manager of the shop that I dealt with when I got my Team Carbon and he didn't bat an eyelid. 10 months later when I got my Pro Carbon SLR, it was the same guy the staff were asking on the phone if they could give me the 10% despite it 'already being on sale' (not on C2W that time)

Top Bottom