British Cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have just joined it for the following reasons:
- 10% off Harfords, Evans and some others.
- Third liability insurance.
- Free front and back lights as a welcome gift although I don't ride at night but useful in poor visibility in daylight.
Are these good enough reasons to join?

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes. Don't forget legal cover although hopefully you won't need it

Evans discount is only on full price I think but better than nothing

Deals on some events too

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I joined for the insurance and legal cover when it was 50% off (instead of free lights). Adding it up, I'd say I've already got my money back through getting discounts at Halfrauds and others. Plus I got the British Cycling training plans for Zwift - haven't tried them yet though, saving them for when it gets a little colder (which won't be long!).

tom73

Guru
Not for me discounts are common ones plenty of others offer. Already get them from other memberships ect.
Bike insurance covers the rest and more.
To join or not is personal choice in the end.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have just cancelled mine. The discounts have eroded over the years, I have insurance through my house and work and I don’t find they represent me or my cycling.

Slick

Guru
I have just joined it for the following reasons:
- 10% off Harfords, Evans and some others.
- Third liability insurance.
- Free front and back lights as a welcome gift although I don't ride at night but useful in poor visibility in daylight.
Are these good enough reasons to join?
In all honesty, they don't really represent me as a cyclist and there certainly hasn't been much in the way of increased infrastructure for cyclists round my way but you already know the benefits and you get to support British Cycling as a whole and not just how it benefits you personally by giving them a stronger voice. Probably my main reason for membership now.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Does membership get you an appointment with the BC doctor and a discount on any, er, supplements?

I joined for the lifetime supply of free Jiffy bags. I also get the membership for free, as long as I lead 8 guided rides per year, and keep my first aid quali’s up to date ( my work place pays for the refresher courses every 3 years) so that’s not a cost to me either.

Top Bottom