British Road Race Championships Looking Really Rather Good Shock *SPOILER*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
worcester dan said:
anyone know what time the race should start and finish ( The Mens I mean) the site is still down
Starts at 11:00, should finish at 15:15.

Keith Oates

Janner
I'm not sure what's happened to the thread as it says spoiler in the title so why can't we say Nicole has made it No.10. Great ride by her and also Emma showed yet again she is ready to take over if and/or when Nicole slips up. Seems to have been a major mess up with the medal handouts involving Lizzie Armitstead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mr-marty-martin

never expected that... just shows you, anyone can win the national champs, not necciseraly the best rider, but there still the ones who get to where that national champs jersey all season...

mangaman

Good to see though

I think a genuine shift towards talented British men roadies is happening. I didn't see the race, so I'd love to know if anyone can give the lowdown - but it appears he was the best man on the day, which can only bode well for the future

Roll on a British TDF team with serious financial, public support and potential (I can finally after 28 years following the sport see this starting to be a possiblility)

Or am I just in cloud cookoo land

(I'm off in 4 days time on a 10 day MTB trek round Andalucia, so I'm feeling a bit over-elated genarally :sad:)

resal1

I watched the Women's race yesterday. An excellent spectacle. When I think of the odd chipper I have won and the variables and unlikelihood of the outcome, it makes Nicole's 10 wins stand out as something very special. Emma was definitely giving it all she could and put in a fantastic effort. Jeannie Longo won the French Women's TT. I see another Vision 1 rider, Christel Ferrier, won the French Women's Nat RR .

http://www.vision1cycling.com/index...onship&catid=1:aktuelle-nachrichten&Itemid=18

yello

simon_brooke said:
Bet you're glad you're not French then! Jeannie Longo's just won her 56th (yes, you read that right, fifty-sixth) national title.

She won the TT but was a bit peeved apparently to be only 3rd in the road race... she's 50! An absolutely amazing women!

Skip Madness

yello said:
She won the TT but was a bit peeved apparently to be only 3rd in the road race... she's 50! An absolutely amazing women!
Jeannie Longo is an extraordinary rider, but her continued dominance of French domestic cycling speaks volumes about the lack of depth in the French peloton right now. She is still turning in good rides at the top level, but I don't think she has won a major race outside of France since 2001.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cav shooting from the hip again in today's Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/jun/28/british-road-race-championship-mark-cavendish

After Cavendish crossed the line to take sixth, he asked onlookers who had won and was told it was House, whose biggest previous win was the FBD Ras Tour of Ireland. "What?" shouted Cavendish, swerving and almost falling off his bike in surprise. Later he said hefelt House had not done his share of work in the race. "It's never nice when the winner is sat on for the whole day. He said, 'I'm tired, I'm tired' but he was able to go with everything."

Cavendish has rightly earned a reputation for wearing his heart on his sleeve but his words were ill-considered given that he had not witnessed the final miles.

Top Bottom