British Road Race Championships Looking Really Rather Good Shock *SPOILER*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
rich p said:
Cav shooting from the hip again in today's Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/jun/28/british-road-race-championship-mark-cavendish

After Cavendish crossed the line to take sixth, he asked onlookers who had won and was told it was House, whose biggest previous win was the FBD Ras Tour of Ireland. "What?" shouted Cavendish, swerving and almost falling off his bike in surprise. Later he said hefelt House had not done his share of work in the race. "It's never nice when the winner is sat on for the whole day. He said, 'I'm tired, I'm tired' but he was able to go with everything."

Cavendish has rightly earned a reputation for wearing his heart on his sleeve but his words were ill-considered given that he had not witnessed the final miles.
Ironic choice of words, seeing as that's what Cav is paid to do...xx(

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Chuffy said:
Ironic choice of words, seeing as that's what Cav is paid to do...xx(

Exactly, he only gets the wind in his hair with 150m to go!

They really shouldn't let him give interviews when the adrenalin is still hot!

rich p said:
Exactly, he only gets the wind in his hair with 150m to go!

They really shouldn't let him give interviews when the adrenalin is still hot!
It's nice that he doesn't have the bland approach of a more seasoned interviewee, but it's a shame that he acts like an arrogant and witless gobsh!te so often.

I have to say, I don't like him much.

resal1

"Chipper" means an open road race of little consequence. Something that you might feel happy about winning but does not give you bragging rights. Not a Premier Calendar or regional championship, but more like the local Wobbly Wheelers annual contribution to the road race season.

crankboys

I don’t think Kristian House is too worried about what Cavendish says as he is pretty laid back and will probably end up moving out to Australia judging from his comments in a recent interview:

CNA: What are your plans 'post' cycling?

KH: Definitely I want to stay in the industry as I love it. I'd like to move out to Australia and help develop the racing here.

Skip Madness

Without wishing to offend any Aussies (and having never been to Australia and so being in no rightful position to judge), I've always imagined moving to Australia to be... boring. It looks like a really boring country. Boring.

Think twice, Kristian!

This post has been brought to you by the Committee for Ill-Informed Knee-Jerk Responses.

Dave5N

Über Member
Skip Madness said:
Without wishing to offend any Aussies (and having never been to Australia and so being in no rightful position to judge), I've always imagined moving to Australia to be... boring. It looks like a really boring country. Boring.

Think twice, Kristian!

This post has been brought to you by the Committee for Ill-Informed Knee-Jerk Responses.

Yep. or +1 as the twitterrati say.

Top Bottom