Broke my flipping leg!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Hope you have a speedy recovery - dangerous that skiing, huh?

gavintc

Guru
So its a maybe then for papercorn.

Get well soon, hope it does not take too long, but I fear that you may looking more toward Easter as a target than any earlier. Good luck.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Oooh shame! I know the frustration, I did a spiral fracture of my right ankle a few years ago whilst skating. It took a long time to recover fully with all the accompanying soft tissue damage.

Here's a GWS and a hot cuppa for you!

postman

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear about your leg.You must have missed the article on Look North this week.A surgeon telling people not to go on skiing holidays.I may have to tell Harry Gration about you .From a Leeds 6 person to another GET WELL SOON.

domtyler

Über Member
That sounds ******* painful!!!
Did you cry? It's okay to say yes, you're among friends here.

Get well soon Cathryn, at least you'll be able to spend lots of productive time posting on CycleChat! ;)

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I didn't actually cry. I got a bit hyper on adrenaline and kept making jokes in french and english. I never really had TOO much pain. The bit I was really worried about was taking my ski boot off. When they moved my leg, I could feel the bones grinding against each other which was hideous and I was really quite terrified about the pain taking the boot off. But basically they put me on a drip, injected some drugs and I literally flew off into space. It was like some kind of Buck Rogers space land and I did my space cadet bit for a while until I came round and found they'd taken off my boot, my salopettes and everything else without me feeling anything. I'm enormously grateful for that.

And now the fun bit. Photos. Please note that my legs don't normally look like lumps of butchers' meat nor are they normally this huge and swollen...they're normally quite shapely, if a little sturdy. And the yellow isn't iodine..it's bruise ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94413058@N00/2199802432/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94413058@N00/2199805024/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94413058@N00/2199011741/

Danny

Legendary Member
My sympathies. I'm off skiing in a couple of weeks and shall now be worrying about whether I am going to return intact.

If it is any consolation, you are at least going to be out of action at the time of year when the weather is at its worst from a cycling point of view. The weather has been so bad while you have been away that I have barely done any serious cycling.

Ouch! You have my sympathies. If it is any consolation a break is better than some of the knee injuries you can get, so in that sense you are lucky (I should know ;))

Take it easy and enjoy the pampering (at least there should be pampering!)

Top Bottom