Broke my flipping leg!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

Many years ago I had a week in a Tunisian hospital, the details of exactly why I was there are far too horrendous to disclose on a forum such as this. But basically, all the staff were French or French Tunisian, Tunisia having been a former French protectorate. The treatment I received was second to none.

Not good hun not good I know what its like to not be able to get up and do things. When I was working as a head chef in Meribel I did in my foot snowbording 3 weeks from the end of the season. I was told that if I could not work I would be sent home so I had to move the kitchen round so I had something to lean on all the time.

I hope your up and about soon

AndrewClark

Veteran
Just seen this,xx( Bad luck. Hope it's better in time for your touring holiday.

Still, you can enjoy being waited on hand and foot for a while!

You poor thing. I'm just back from skiing, but luckily unscathed. Having had a few similar incidents with pole planting in the past, my pole planting now is a pretty token flick at the snow.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
spandex said:
Did you not have a E111 form from the post office.

Nowadays its a European Health Insurance card, or EHIC - the replacement for the E111

I believe it lasts for your lifetime (as opposed to needing renewing every year) so worth getting one now I guess!

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Yeah, they were put out I didn't have one. Off to the post office once I can hop that far.

Cathryn,

Another couple of reasons to be a little more cheerful....

It could have been worse, some friends of mine got married a few years back and they went skiing for their honeymoon straight after the wedding (I think you'll already be able to work out where this is heading!). The chap (we will call him Nick as that's his name!) Nick managed to break his leg on the second day of the honeymoon (I think it was supposed to be 10-14 days) and spent a good chunk of it in hospital. I think he had a couple of operations on it. I can only imagine how it messed up other honeymoon activities....:eek:

So the moral of this little tail is, be thankful you weren't on your honeymoon! :ohmy:

Actually back in 2000 I messed my knee up badly doing judo and I had to stay off the mat for a year and a half (and I absolutely loved my judo). I coped with that by thinking of the day that I had the injury as the first day of my recovery. Every day from then on was a day closer to getting back on the mat. Just think it is only a few more weeks till you get back on the bike!! :biggrin:

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Magnatom, that's a very helpful comment actually...thanks.

It's also occurred to me that honeymoon activities may be compromised for a while...another reason to speed my recovery :eek:

Cathryn said:
Magnatom, that's a very helpful comment actually...thanks.

It's also occurred to me that honeymoon activities may be compromised for a while...another reason to speed my recovery :ohmy:

I'll bet if you have a look on the internet you will find a web site suggesting ways to keep honemoony activities going whilst having a gammy leg. I haven't searched (honest) but I bet it is there! :eek:

Top Bottom