Broke my flipping leg!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It's okay...he doesn't know where I live!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nope...I have a Road Bike fettish - i.e. full out and out racers, so you are safe............. anything with mudguards, racks and any extra's isn't for me (despite spending most of my time on a bloody MTB going to/from work).........:biggrin::wacko:

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Trust me, I've employed a Body Guard for the bike!! I'm starting to think about buying a turbo trainer for when I get back on the bike.

As requested, please find attached photos of my lovely pink cast!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94413058@N00/2203654708/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/94413058@N00/2202861329/in/photostream/

Mortiroloboy

Cathryn said:
Just to add to the Cyclechat Cripple List (get well soon Maggot) I had a bit of an incident on the ski slopes last week! Picture the scene....last Friday, Val d'Isere, snow absolutely PERFECT, sun shining, skies blue...an inelegant but competent skier comes down a red run perfectly within her capabilities and within her ski school class. We're practising 'pole planting' which is something I generally think I'm quite good at. All of a sudden I look down at my next turn and realise I've planted my pole slap bang in front of my ski. My ski hurtles into the pole, I fall awkwardly and pretty much snap my shinbone on my ski boot.

So for the past week, I've been stuck in a french hospital. I had surgery on Saturday and they basically hammered a metal pin down the inside of my shin to fix it whilst I lay under a local anaesthetic and heard the chap banging his hammer!!! But to be honest I've been incredibly lucky and incredibly well looked after. The entire hospital staff were amazing.I do realise how lucky I've been.

Any sympathy gratefully received...and any thoughts on how long it takes to recover from a pretty clean snap of the tibia and when I can be back on my feet (and more importantly, my darling bike)?

Er, Too much information there. :biggrin::smile:

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Get well soon, and I guess on the bright side at least the weather isn't exactly glorious this time of year, it'd be a lot harder not being on the bike with blue skies outside!

Top Bottom