Broke my flipping leg!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ouch, sounds nasty. Hope it heals quickly! My uni mate broke his ankle playing cricket (I know, dangerous stuff!) and they told him initially 6-8 weeks in plaster but then took off his cast in 5....so you can heal quite fast. I was surprised how quick he was back to normal. :-)

tomb1960

Cathryn, you poor thing, get well soon. If it is any consolation French orthopaedic surgeons working in ski resorts are supposed to be the absolute business, so with luck your leg will have been nailed together well!

Dave5N

Über Member
User76 said:
That sounds nasty, and those stitches:sad:

Just before the accident, you didn't see a Leslie Phillips character swooshing past in front handing out leaflets for No Win No Fee house conveyancing in North Wales did you:biggrin: Stevens has been skiing again hasn't he:biggrin:

I bet it's his fault, the bounder! Causes crashes to drum up business for his compensation claim racket!

trio25

Über Member
Sounds nasty, but from experience the best place to do something like that is France. They are so organised!

I'm sure you'll be back on a bike soon. Might have to start on a turbo but it won't be long.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hi. Had a slight drama last night when I was whisked into Leeds hospital for a night as they thought i might have an infection! The drama, eh??? Home again now, and they've put a lovely pink cast on my leg, so it's not all bad.

Wafflycat, yes actually I think i broke my leg because my skies didn't come off. They'd come off well on all my other falls that week, but it was the skis that did it. Good points in that article ;)

Oh well..home again now. Thanks so much everyone for such kindness. I'm still a bit weepy today so don't be too nice!!

papercorn2000

So, with an amputated leg, you won't be needing that bike then...

wafflycat

Cathryn said:
Hi. Had a slight drama last night when I was whisked into Leeds hospital for a night as they thought i might have an infection! The drama, eh??? Home again now, and they've put a lovely pink cast on my leg, so it's not all bad.

Ooh, *nasty*. I do hope you don't get an infection in it. .jpg of pink cast required!

yenrod

>Broke my flipping leg!!!!

What are yuh ? What are yuh ?...

Yuh clumsy ape ! :blush:

I recall when I broke my collar bone (;)) and I was soo put out woth the fact that I'd hurt my body...

Chin up girl !

:blush:

Top Bottom