Broken Foot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lecopse

This is my first post on here but need some advice as the Nurses don't seem to have a clue.
I broke my 5th metatarsal about 4weeks ago and still have another 3 before I can take off the walking boot.
Any idea how long it'll be after that before I can safely clip into my bike again. I'm getting a little sick of having to get lifts and cycle most places so I want to get back on as quickly as possible but not so quick that I end up back in a cast.

Sharky

Guru
I broke my ankle (@ keep fit class!). In my case had the cast on for 4 weeks, when it came off, took another two weeks learning how to walk again, then after about 4 weeks started on the turbo, then back on the road. Just have to be patient.
Wish you a speedy recovery.

ozboz

Guru
I have a peronial nerve problem , so I cannot clip in and and out to well , so I put some cheap flat pedals on , no twisting and pressure on the foot , keeps me going really well ,
image.jpeg

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Mine was 8 weeks in cast and the same again before I was able to go back to work. My right leg still isn't right7 yrs later.

Obviously different people will heal differently

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Unclipping will be more of a problem than riding with flats. The twisting motion will likely be painful, and put full recovery time back.

BTW: I'm not a doctor, so all of the above might be twaddle.

Drago

Legendary Member
Broke mine about 10 years ago. I was cycling about 4-5 weeks after breaking it, but it was achy on and off for quite a while. Was probably about a year before it was fully healed and stopped giving me grief.

Top Bottom