Brompton - 3 speed or 6 speed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
doginabag

doginabag

Well, not being one to hang around, it now has some ergon-GP2s.. Thanks for the many recommendations!
IMG_20160831_131842[1].jpg

IMG_20160831_131852[1].jpg

And a bottle cage added to the main tube.
IMG_20160831_131859[1].jpg

:becool:

Kell

Veteran
Monkii clips and cages are also good for bottles.

Wouldn't fit your main frame though, fits on the handlebar stem.

OP
OP
doginabag

doginabag

Yeah I have seen a few solutions for mounting to the stem, but for some reason I didn't really like the idea of the bottle being upside down when folded. Might still give it a go once I've given this a fair go.

OP
OP
doginabag

doginabag

Oh I like that. I didn't realise it rotated in use, I thought it was just for the initial fitting.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Oh I like that. I didn't realise it rotated in use, I thought it was just for the initial fitting.
This is a neater solution to the Monkii. I have both. Most Stem mounted bottles on Brommies tend to use this system. Again, the bottle cage mounts either way up when folded.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
and.....if you're buying a bag, then consider this...
brompton-racksack-00102973-9999-1.jpg

not as fashionable as the handlebar stem mounted bag, but quick to get on and off, and it makes for a much better ride.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
and.....if you're buying a bag, then consider this...
brompton-racksack-00102973-9999-1.jpg

not as fashionable as the handlebar stem mounted bag, but quick to get on and off, and it makes for a much better ride.
Link? Who makes/sells it? (I am both interested and lazy)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
sorry - it's made in Holland with a Brompton badge, but sold by Evans among others. I don't bother with the strap around the little stud at the front of the rack - the velcro strap round the seatpost and the clip at the back give me all the stability I need to transport 10kg or so of groceries.

It won't take an A3 folder, but neither will the front bag.
https://www.evanscycles.com/brompto...esvaid=50080&gclid=CLGQ053d7c4CFcHnGwodeVIPNQ

Top Bottom