Brompton Service on Monday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I doubt the workers are being overpaid - the overpayment is going to "the man"
Are you suggesting that joggsy would use an exploitative gouging LBS? Tush, man. That's an allegation so low as to be unworthy even of the hated MSM.

12boy

Guru
A stout piece of PVC will work for headsets coming off, and a long threaded rod with a couple of large washers and nuts will allow you to reinstall one. As my dad used to say....never use force, get a bigger hammer.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I had an uncle who used to swear bound that when using screws with wood, the screw driver was purely for removal, and correct tool for putting in a screw was a hammer

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
My dad used to say "flat tyre? Ask the bike shop."

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Where I used to live near the shipyards a hammer was a" Clydebank Screwdriver".

At the risk of too recent repeating, maybe time to re-post the three rules of engineering.

1 Always use the right tool for the job
2 The right tool for any job is a hammer
3 Any tool can be used as a hammer

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It's time I got a tattoo. How do you think this would be as a tramp stamp? :smile:
Kind of wordy.

Get it done in gothic script around a panther's head the size of a volleyball, between your shoulder blades.

Much classier.

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Another puncture , same wheel, marathon tyres , only second time out on it since service, I'm starting to wonder did they fix the last puncture properly or just replace the tube. In Itchenor waiting to be picked up :sad:

Top Bottom