Brompton touring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
smith4188

smith4188

Veteran
Is there a reason for this Mr Primrose? - a new book in the offing?

Perhaps. I have a cunning plan for 2018, but I'm just trying to work out the feasibility of it all. It would be a very different sort of bike adventure, and one that opens up wonderful, additional opportunities to die. I can't wait to tell me mum about it. She's going to go mental.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Perhaps. I have a cunning plan for 2018, but I'm just trying to work out the feasibility of it all. It would be a very different sort of bike adventure, and one that opens up wonderful, additional opportunities to die. I can't wait to tell me mum about it. She's going to go mental.
Give us a clue :bravo:

You're taking your mum along on this dodgy trip?

rualexander

Legendary Member
:-) OK. As well as a folding bike, it also involves a folding boat.
http://www.brompton.com/News/Posts/2015/Journey-60-Degrees-North

reppans

^^ good boat to pair with the Brommie.. ~ 11 lbs all in.

13697681884_f910376a35_b.jpg

OP
OP
smith4188

smith4188

Veteran
Aye, rualexander, I've seen that video. I can't imagine their adventure would have been much fun with stronger winds. My idea's a little more "yachty" than that, and hopefully a lot longer. Have a google for the Seahopper Kondor. But if it's unfeasible with the Kondor, then the inflatable that reppans posted might do the trick. It wouldn't be quite so romantic though.

Brains

Legendary Member
With one of these
upload_2017-2-4_20-12-41.png

You can carry one of these
upload_2017-2-4_20-14-28.png

A canoe can also carry a sail, there are a number of kits out there.

We met a Belgian guy towing an 'Old Country' 14' canoe cycling up the Rhine on a folder. (Dahon I think)
When he got to Switzerland he was going to put the bike in the boat and float all the way home again
900km in each direction!

OP
OP
smith4188

smith4188

Veteran
It's great to know I have more options than I originally envisaged. But for the route I have in mind that massive trailer would sort of have to come with me even on the sailing parts of the ride.

Top Bottom