Brooks B190 query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mac1

Aggravating bore magnet
Hi there

Bought one of these from Chain Reaction Cycles which arrived yesterday. Bought it because it was one of their city & heavy duty range and my Kettler is an upright riding position, workhorse.

Problem is, my bike has a suspension post (I think) with a clamp cast (?) onto the end the current saddle (a Selle Royal) fits using rails which are clamped externally whilst the Brooks has its own saddle clamp. It cannot be fitted with this so, is it supposed to be unbolted and removed so that the rails get attached with the external clamp or have I bought the wrong saddle!??

(Did a search and the only Brooks that seems to be mentioned is the B17).

Thanks

Dr Jon

Take off the clamp on the brooks, its just an old fashioned fixture. Then mount onto your current seatpost, jobs a good'un.

Fairly simple task mate and shouldnt take any long that 10 minutes.

HTH The dr

The B190 is intended to be mounted using a mount that clamps four rails (two each side). If the saddle is mounted using only the lower rails it will break. If your seatpost (with integrated clamp) only clamps single rails you need a saddle that uses single rails.See some of BROOKS range here :-
http://www.brooksengland.com/en/Shop_CategoryPage.aspx?cat=saddles+-+city+&+heavy+duty

PS
I'm not sure that you will need a sprung saddle if your seatpost is a suspension post :smile:.

tyred

Legendary Member
You just need the old fashioned type of seatpost. Cheap and easily available of ebay. You just need to measure the diameter to get the right one. Or I know there is an adaptor to fit the B66 twin rail type to a modern seatpost. I would assume someone makes one for the B190 as well.

I would agree with the Yorkshireman, sprung saddle and seatpost is overkill. I would replace the seatpost with a normal one.

Top Bottom