Brooks saddle broken

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albal

Guru
Hi, long shot but,

Anyone around west Texas USA who has or knows how to obtain a retaining bolt and clamp for a Brooks b17 saddle? Mine has snapped. Trying to get one on line is like pulling teeth!

In Del Rio heading for El Paso.

Thanks

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Hi, long shot but,

Anyone around west Texas USA who has or knows how to obtain a retaining bolt and clamp for a Brooks b17 saddle? Mine has snapped. Trying to get one on line is like pulling teeth!

In Del Rio heading for El Paso.

Thanks
Do you mean the seatpost clamp, if so just pop into any bike shop and pick up a modern seatpost the saddle will fit it (they're a standard rail width you don't have to use a special clamp on the B17)

Debade

Über Member
sounds like you might be on AC Southern Tier. My experience is that the bike stores have touring gear including Brooks. I found them to be very helpful and understanding. They never made me wait for repairs.

OP
OP
albal

albal

Guru
Do you mean the seatpost clamp, if so just pop into any bike shop and pick up a modern seatpost the saddle will fit it (they're a standard rail width you don't have to use a special clamp on the B17)
Thanks. But I meant the shackle which holds the bolt horizontal. Not easily obtained round here. Having one shipped to a place up the road.

OP
OP
albal

albal

Guru
sounds like you might be on AC Southern Tier. My experience is that the bike stores have touring gear including Brooks. I found them to be very helpful and understanding. They never made me wait for repairs.
Thanks, but.... The stores I visit Ed did not have the part required. Of those that were open anyway. I thought Brooks were indestructible?

GuyBoden

Guru
I thought Brooks were indestructible?

file.php?id=309852&sid=8ea8c65db51fd956a729208c246fb0a3.jpg

Top Bottom