Brooks saddle failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
I bought a Sun Snipe Bike in 1962. It was fitted with a Brooks B17 saddle which outlived the bike by many years and has been in more or less constant use on a series of other bikes for almost 60 years . Sadly however I think it has come to the end of the road as the leather has started to split and already my @rse is numb after only a few short miles of contact. Unfortunately finances dictate that I replace it with a Spa Nidd at half the price of a Brooks, which I trust will last. I already have a Spa on another bike and though it is definitely not a Brooks it serves well enough.
Any suggestions of what I can do with my old Brooks as I am reluctant to part with an old friend :laugh:

Attachments

• IMG_3186 (2).JPG
    IMG_3186 (2).JPG
    158 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
Brooks offer a repair service, they say they can sometimes repair older models - though the B17 is still made new today. Maybe worth dropping them an email?

https://www.brooksengland.com/en_uk/repair-enquiry/

You never know, might be cheaper than a new Spa saddle! I had some 10yr old Maui Jim sunglasses that were all cracked and twisted. Thought I’d have to plump up £275 for a new pair but a quick phone call to MJ and they fully refurbed them inc new lenses and case for £50.

OP
OP
taximan

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
Brooks offer a repair service, they say they can sometimes repair older models - though the B17 is still made new today. Maybe worth dropping them an email?

https://www.brooksengland.com/en_uk/repair-enquiry/

You never know, might be cheaper than a new Spa saddle! I had some 10yr old Maui Jim sunglasses that were all cracked and twisted. Thought I’d have to plump up £275 for a new pair but a quick phone call to MJ and they fully refurbed them inc new lenses and case for £50.

I did wonder about repairing the old one but the metal parts are a bit tatty too so I went ahead & ordered the Spa.

Top Bottom