BRVR - Goats League - Climb 1- Sugar Loaf

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Well, if I wasn't aware enough before of my lack of riding over the last months that's brought it home. 44:30 for me, what happens now, do I get thrown out of the club?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I'm proving my strongest rider status yet again. The foundation supporting all the riders above me :cry:.

The sooner I get the classic repaired the better. Position will not change though.

The numbers being produced by the pro in bkool have carried over into BRVR :sad:. I was getting similar numbers, 0-10w difference, between my classic and vectors when riding BRVR. Now with the pro I'm looking at better than 60w difference, above the vectors, :banghead:.

The result, a 15 minute improvement in time over my previous effort. 56m01.

theboxers

Wow.
Is it possible your vectors are under reporting watts?
I will not say no at this time because I've not had the kickr on a long session to do a comparison. However the readings have been consistent to the classic. My Sugarloaf ride, today, on the Vectors showed about 190-195 avg. My previous ride, done on my classic, was a 200w avg, I don't use the vectors as a sensor in BRVR only the trainer.

I'll have a go at a ride tomorrow on the Kickr and see what happens. :unsure:

theboxers

Edit :- Now posted in the main bkool thread for a wider audience :eek:

Mmm. Ok. As long as I didn't seriously fubar. The readings between the vectors (on the edge) and kickr (on bkool) are about 5w different on the LtoB session I have just done on bkool. I only completed 45km of the 90 but I'd had enough today.

I'll do the last few plan sessions I have remaining and the 3 LEJoG stgs on the Pro then cut over to the kickr.

I have a question or two though. Some info first. In bsim the kickr shows twice. Once as a Wahoo Kickr and once as a Wahoo Fitness ANT+Trainer. I did the LtoB session having selected the Wahoo Kickr option and a warm down descent that I did was with the Fitness option selected. Is there a management difference between the two options? I ask because I was expecting some serious resistance, more than the pro can or will give, but it was not there. Any ideas or clarifying info?

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
42:44
I'd like to thank my lack of commute home, my lack of a wet tyre thanks to a commute home which caused slippage above 200w and the fact I didn't have to jump off with about 2 miles to go because my drink was out of reach :blush: for my rapid improvement.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
42:46

Why, why, why did I let myself get lured into this? :cry:

And....
Damn you, What a splendid effort @Mugshot but I couldn't have found another two seconds if my life depended on it.
I saw your post and thought "Bloody Hell that's a bit tight!", I had to scan back up to double check my time :laugh:
Mind, this was me approaching that final shitty climb;

giphy.gif

And this was me when I got over it;

200.gif

Top Bottom