BRVR - Goats League - Climb 1- Sugar Loaf

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
We're at the mercy of @Aleman for the next round.
Although I want to stick with the USA climbs I am really tempted by the latest ride Arcalis in Andorra. Should tempt those going to the Pyrenees^_^^_^^_^

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

As a warning to those that have not yet posted a time for this ride, and want to compete in the league, this ride will cease to be eligible for the league after the 15th of April i.e. next sunday.

Of course you are free to participate / join at any time, you just take the slowest time plus 10% as your time for any rides you miss ... For some people missing a ride is not actually that much of a problem, and they will still kick the pants of the rest of us :cry:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
As a warning to those that have not yet posted a time for this ride, and want to compete in the league, this ride will cease to be eligible for the league after the 15th of April i.e. next sunday.

Of course you are free to participate / join at any time, you just take the slowest time plus 10% as your time for any rides you miss ... For some people missing a ride is not actually that much of a problem, and they will still kick the pants of the rest of us :cry:
So there's 4 weeks for each ride then it's spat out of the back of the pack?
BTW, thank you for doing the distances and elevation, I don't do Kms or metres though :whistle:

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

So there's 4 weeks for each ride then it's spat out of the back of the pack?
Yeah, I think a rolling full 4 week period to complete the rides should be sufficient. ... Better than the one week I originally had in mind.

BTW, thank you for doing the distances and elevation, I don't do Kms or metres though :whistle:
I refer my learned colleague to "The Rules" in this case rule 24 :whistle:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Hoping we're still open if we want to revisit some of our classic climbs. Posted a new PB, 29:02, partly to see if I was whinging on the "BRVR... Leader of the pack" thread or if the ride times were taken off the first rather than the fastest attempt. To do this I realised that I actually had to improve on the earlier attempt, it wasn't until I'd completed the ride and checked the stats that all I had to do was beat the time I'd set while the challenge was running not the one I'd set at the back end of last year! However it spurred me on to improve my time by almost 5 minutes so not too bad in the end.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

I'm sorry, what makes you think the ride is still open for people who have been in the league since the beginning???

I admire your willingness to assist Ilja and the team at BRVR, and applaud your public spirit in riding the stage again, only for it not to count. :bravo::bravo::bravo:

Last edited:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Well I know that Brexit means Brexit but wasn't sure if closed meant closed considering that people may want to revisit a climb at some point in the future. I wouldn't say that the stage doesn't count, try telling my legs that, it will be updated on the BRVR league. I wasn't expecting my time to be updated (might have hoped but not expected, I appreciate that you don't want updating the spreadsheet to become a full time job) all I did was post a time for Sugar Loaf in the Sugar Loaf thread so no concern there. What is of concern to me however is what you will be cooking up in the coming weeks when the TdF starts. Only three weeks to go.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Look at the spreadsheet :rofl: Hooked and landed :whistle:

If I had said your rides don't count then my last three would have been excluded. So no self interest there then ^_^

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
You've added another tab as well, doubly landed. Now any clues as to what you have in store for us over the three weeks of TdF?

ETA

Reading comprehension was never my strong point at school either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom