BRVR - Goats League - Climb 2 - Magnolia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibooij

Über Member
I think Magnolia is steepest one we have. No Zoncolan or Angliru yet. I've done Monte Zoncolan from Ovaro in real life once. It wouldn't call it fun. The descent on the other side was fun though!

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I think Magnolia is steepest one we have.
There you go, it's all downhill after this one :rofl:

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Well That hurt 35:09 at 100% of FTP.

Actually I like these short sharp climbs more than the longer ones.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

For the first time since getting my Bkool Pro at the beginning of Nov 2016, I finally noticed it's limitations regarding the application of resistance on gradient, once the gradient on this climb got above 12-13% the resistance didn't change at all, and I was able to pedal 'easily' I suppose this is one 'benefit' of the training this winter, I have got stronger and can develop more power. I remember hitting gradients of 15% in the beginning, and had a terrible choppy pedal action, yesterday I was pedaling circles smoothly.

It was a useful learning exercise ... I learned that I need a Neo :sad:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I get that @ about 6% on the classic and 7% on the pro in Bsim and BRVR. It is at max resistance for me at my pace / power. It would be a higher perceived resistance at higher power output, but a constant 200w on the vectors the cadence does not change and the heart rate does not go up significantly after 6 or 7%.

On BRVR and Bsim using a Pro I do get a speed adjustment down though, I don't get a speed adjustment down with a classic on Bsim. So although there's no resistance change there is a time extension. If you see what I mean.

I'm still learning with the Kickr. So no comments with that at the moment.

Last edited:

ibooij

Über Member
I don't know if I like Magnolia.. Much too steep, then too easy, then steep again..
31:25, https://www.bigringvr.com/activity.aspx?rideID=39182

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

I've just done the Col du Sarenne via Alpe d'Huez on BKool, and I'm not sure which one is worse. Both are pretty damn unrelenting ... At least with the Sarenne you have a 38 Minute 25Km descent after the climb :biggrin:

Top Bottom