BRVR - Goats League - Climb 2 - Magnolia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
This weeks ride is James canyon. and the thread for times can be found here

Breedon

Legendary Member
36:40 i was going backwards and forwards with a dave wade and he managed to pull out a sprint finish on the flat section near the end where i could of had him :angry: as i had the advantage on the lower grade sections.
I was expecting it to be much harder than that if im honest the time went quite quickly.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
36:40 i was going backwards and forwards with a dave wade and he managed to pull out a sprint finish on the flat section near the end where i could of had him :angry: as i had the advantage on the lower grade sections.
I was expecting it to be much harder than that if im honest the time went quite quickly.
Hi @Breedon glad I put up a fight, you should find my name over a lot of climbs.
Although it looks like I've just joined I was a forum member formerly known as "Crook Town AFC"
I originally joined, many months ago, to say that the problem that BKool had with Elite trainers had been resolved. From then on I made the occasional post, but following a bad fall on my knee I had to stop riding (round about the end of Jan) Thought that was it with riding for good so decided to close my account (I wasn't banned by the way) Daft thing was I'd just taken out a BRVR subscription so after a six week break I decided to give the old turbo trainer another go. Down side of course is that I'm now only managing about 3 and a bit w/kg as opposed to the 4 w/kg I'd worked up to.
I still read the forum so when my name popped up I thought, what the hey, I'll rejoin. Couldn't use my old user name and, as I use my name on BRVR (strange that), I'll use the same name here.

TLDR Version.
Feel free to use me as a pacer but my pre January times are faster than the March onward times. (Check out Sugarloaf!)

Regards

Dave

Breedon

Legendary Member
Hi @Breedon glad I put up a fight, you should find my name over a lot of climbs.
Although it looks like I've just joined I was a forum member formerly known as "Crook Town AFC"
I originally joined, many months ago, to say that the problem that BKool had with Elite trainers had been resolved. From then on I made the occasional post, but following a bad fall on my knee I had to stop riding (round about the end of Jan) Thought that was it with riding for good so decided to close my account (I wasn't banned by the way) Daft thing was I'd just taken out a BRVR subscription so after a six week break I decided to give the old turbo trainer another go. Down side of course is that I'm now only managing about 3 and a bit w/kg as opposed to the 4 w/kg I'd worked up to.
I still read the forum so when my name popped up I thought, what the hey, I'll rejoin. Couldn't use my old user name and, as I use my name on BRVR (strange that), I'll use the same name here.

TLDR Version.
Feel free to use me as a pacer but my pre January times are faster than the March onward times. (Check out Sugarloaf!)

Regards

Dave
It was a good battle, the moment i thought i can gain on you as it got flatter near the end, you was off like a rocket with a 26 seconds lead I'll be using you more othen ^_^.
Hope the knee gets a lot better :okay:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
It was a good battle, the moment i thought i can gain on you as it got flatter near the end, you was off like a rocket with a 26 seconds lead I'll be using you more othen ^_^.
Hope the knee gets a lot better :okay:
Cheers, it was a daft injury not even cycling related but it didn't half dent the old confidence.
I'm looking forward to a few more battles in future especially if BRVR manage to facilitate "Live" rides. I'm also thinking of asking @Aleman to let me join the league but I'd better start from scratch. Also it looks like I may be able to go back to my original user name (hopefully the moderators will understand why I appear to have two accounts, there's nothing underhand I can assure you)

Regards

Dave

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Hi Dave feel free to start the league, at the moment while it's just started, all the rides are still open. I don't know how the other members feel but I am wondering about introducing an 8 week limit to complete

This should give everyone time to catch up.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Hi Dave feel free to start the league, at the moment while it's just started, all the rides are still open. I don't know how the other members feel but I am wondering about introducing an 8 week limit to complete

This should give everyone time to catch up.
Nah sod 'em, if they do eventually get round to being arsed to do them then they should incur a 5 minute time penalty for every week they're over!! :whistle:
Actually I was going to ask if you could add a couple of columns if it's not too much of a pain, total elevation gain and total miles too if it's not too cheeky.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

I was going to ask if you could add a couple of columns if it's not too much of a pain, total elevation gain and total miles too if it's not too cheeky.
Easy enough to add a couple of rows at the top to show Kilometers and meters gained, with a total in the Total Column ... Trying to totalise it for each rider, that's gonna be tricky :laugh:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Easy enough to add a couple of rows at the top to show Kilometers and meters gained, with a total in the Total Column ... Trying to totalise it for each rider, that's gonna be tricky :laugh:
Hmmmm, good point, not to worry it was just a thought, the last thing I want to do is to create additional work for you :smile:

Top Bottom