BRVR - Goats League - Climb 8- Port d'Envalira, Andorra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Back to the usual this week, to make up for the crap weather I am having in Mallorca!!, Port d'Envalira, Andorra, which is 11.94Km and 717m of ascent.

http:\\piccies.effinbrewery.co.uk\cycling\portdenvalira.png

portdenvalira.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire

Last edited:

ibooij

Über Member
back to the usual this week, to make up for the crap weather I am having in Mallorca!!, Port d'Envalira, Andorra, which is 20.08Km and a 941m of ascent.

These numbers are from the Port de Cabus (Copy-Paste? Too much Spanish wine? :wacko:). Port d'Envalira has an elevation gain of 717m over 11.94km.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Have you seen their times?:surrender:
I'm torn between an outright ban or all in giving @ibooij a run for his money:okay:
I have indeed, and have decided to keep well out of it, I'm not paid enough to make these types of decisions. I'm going to keep my head down and leave it up to the board.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Don't tell him but he hasn't done James Canyon or Coll d'ordino yet!

Probably ticking them off now....

Filling in a boring morning while waiting for a delivery, and based on @Aleman's rules, I've come to the following conclusions.

Looking on the Goats Challenge page on the BigRing site, it's clear that @SmP-62 is Smiljian Pavisic on BRVR.

The challenge results show that he has done all the rides, but some of them were outside the time limits for the CycleChat competition. Magnolia was done before the start date, and James Canyon after the finish date. As both those rides are now closed, he gets the slowest time + 10%.

He has ridden Port d'Envalira, but he did it before the start date. As that ride is still open, he can have another go if he wants to.

He hasn't posted his time for Coll d'Ordino on the thread on here, but it shows on BRVR and was done within the time limits. I'm sure he'll post it up soon (hint, hint) so I'll take it as a valid ride.

If I'm right (and it's all unofficial - I think it should be @Aleman who has the final say), and giving most people a default time for Port d'Envalira because they haven't ridden it yet, that puts @SmP-62 in 9th place, 19:44 behind @martin22 and 2.5 hours behind @ibooij.

But if the rides had no time limits . . .

Edit:
Ooops!

Cock up on the calculation front.

@SmP-62 is 6th, 27:58 behind @Breedon and 1:25:35 behind @ibooij.

Last edited:

SmP-62

Filling in a boring morning while waiting for a delivery, and based on @Aleman's rules, I've come to the following conclusions.

Looking on the Goats Challenge page on the BigRing site, it's clear that @SmP-62 is Smiljian Pavisic on BRVR.

The challenge results show that he has done all the rides, but some of them were outside the time limits for the CycleChat competition. Magnolia was done before the start date, and James Canyon after the finish date. As both those rides are now closed, he gets the slowest time + 10%.

He has ridden Port d'Envalira, but he did it before the start date. As that ride is still open, he can have another go if he wants to.

He hasn't posted his time for Coll d'Ordino on the thread on here, but it shows on BRVR and was done within the time limits. I'm sure he'll post it up soon (hint, hint) so I'll take it as a valid ride.

If I'm right (and it's all unofficial - I think it should be @Aleman who has the final say), and giving most people a default time for Port d'Envalira because they haven't ridden it yet, that puts @SmP-62 in 9th place, 19:44 behind @martin22 and 2.5 hours behind @ibooij.

But if the rides had no time limits . . .
To be honest, the penalty is much to hard and impossible to catch up ... so suggestion .... 10%+ on riders time of 'not in time window' ride will be also hard, but productive ... to try to catch up. The slowest ride now is cca 2-3times the best time +10% .... there is no way to neutralize that.

Top Bottom