BRVR - Goats League - Climb 8- Port d'Envalira, Andorra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmP-62

Colour me impressed as well, looks like SmP-62 is a real mountain goat. :thumbsup:
Yes, I'm a real climber, not motivated on flat or rolling terrain ... and I preffer longer and steeper climbs ... this one is kind a short and not steep.

This year (because of summer cycling vacation in US moutains, 10 highest roads are planned) I don't train for short power rides/climbs.

Three days ago I have done a nice simulation ... there is no RLV available anywhere ... so home made ride was done (youtube motocycle video+found Strava gpx+manualy edited and synchronized) ... local installation on BRVR ... 70km climb in one piece, last 20k average cca 10%, 4677m elevation gain (cca 10% more then on site), 0 meters descent ... pacing on feeling was just right, in green even on the top ... lot of drinking and eating ... little less than 5 hours, max. 34/26 (to have lower cadence because of power loss on high altitude), average 3.32W/kg ... went great (even my lungs are still not 100% clean).

Last edited:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Yes, I'm a real climber, not motivated on flat or rolling terrain ... and I preffer longer and steeper climbs ... this one is kind a short and not steep.

This year (because of summer cycling vacation in US moutains, 10 highest roads are planned) I don't train for short power rides/climbs.

Three days ago I have done a nice simulation ... there is no RLV available anywhere ... so home made ride was done (youtube motocycle video+found Strava gpx+manualy edited and synchronized) ... local installation on BRVR ... 70km climb in one piece, last 20k average cca 10%, 4677m elevation (cca 10% more then on site), 0 meters descent ... pacing on feeling was just right, in green even on the top ... lot of drinking and eating ... little less than 5 hours, max. 34/26 (to have lower cadence because of power loss on high altitude), average 3.32W/kg ... went great (even my lungs are still not 100% clean).
I'm even more impressed now, especially the home made route. I'll have to try something like that myself. Was it easy? Editing the ride that is^_^

SmP-62

I'm even more impressed now, especially the home made route. I'll have to try something like that myself. Was it easy? Editing the ride that is^_^
If you want to ride a specific climb, which is not available anywhere, what can you do? To wait, to be available or to improvise. I don't have time to wait.

There is software to help you editing gpx file and then synchronize gpx and video ... it is free for private use ... http://rlv-stormarn.de/rlv-workbench/

It is simple, if you record your own ride (video + gpx with for ex. Garmin, done at the same time).

When you have (synchronized) video file (avi) and gpx, you can ride it with BRVR.

In my case I had video from one source and gpx from another, they had to be edited separatelly (a lot) and then synchronized ... it was PITA, as the motocycle video and bike gpx were from totally different sources/speed, so a lot of synchronisation points were needed. It is not 100% correct, but perfectly usable to get a feeling of a (monster) climb.

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Thank you mate, I left myself in the dust!! :laugh:
I did the same on the Coll d'Ordino ride. It hurt :boxing::B) :surrender:, but was satisfying at the same time :unsure::wahhey:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I did the same on the Coll d'Ordino ride. It hurt :boxing::B) :surrender:, but was satisfying at the same time :unsure::wahhey:
I'm a couple of rides behind but I'll catch up (I've noticed there's a lot more pink creeping in mind!) it's certainly helping though doing this, long may it continue. Thanks again @Aleman you're doing a top job :okay: and keep pedaling everyone else :smile:

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
(I've noticed there's a lot more pink creeping in mind!

Thanks again @Aleman you're doing a top job :okay: and keep pedaling everyone else :smile:
:okay::okay:

I'm going to try and eliminate some of the pink over the next few weeks, but with the Mallorcan training camp now a distant memory :cry: the back pain and sciatica I've been suffering with since October has made me very apathetic toward getting back on the bike for the last three weeks :sad:. I gave myself a stern talking to at the weekend and did a century solo, which was bloody tough, amazing how much easier it is riding in a group, even a small one. My Garmin reckons on 70 Hours recovery :headshake::headshake:So I might do one of the shorter ones tonight Probably the Envalira, possibly the Costalunga ... I may revisit the Ordino I suspect I can take a minute off my time there ... but not this week :rofl:

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Finally looks as though I'm getting my MoJo back 43:41, was never going to catch Lee, but really happy with the power I was putting out, hard to keep the heart rate sensible in the heat though

Top Bottom