BT Broadband, Experiences, Views And Opinions

• Thread starter Deleted member 1258
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

dave, bit too late now - but out of interest as an O2 subscriber didn't you get the sky offer? Or did you decide not to go with sky?

It seems almost too good to be true but I think I'm going to sign up for it.

I didn't see the sky offer, the reasons for the move are purely financial, like a lot of people I'm strapped for cash and need to make savings, I've been looking at other broadband providers for sometime and couldn't make my mind up. When I got made redundant in 2010 I managed to get back in work in about 6 months but took a £70 a week hit in the wallet now we are being moved to monthly pay in the autumn and will have major disruption to our pay for a couple of months so I decided its time to sort it out.
One thing I have noticed is that since o2 sold to sky the speed has dropped off, something that's more noticeable at peak times.

Nebulous

Guru
I didn't see the sky offer, the reasons for the move are purely financial, like a lot of people I'm strapped for cash and need to make savings, I've been looking at other broadband providers for sometime and couldn't make my mind up. When I got made redundant in 2010 I managed to get back in work in about 6 months but took a £70 a week hit in the wallet now we are being moved to monthly pay in the autumn and will have major disruption to our pay for a couple of months so I decided its time to sort it out.
One thing I have noticed is that since o2 sold to sky the speed has dropped off, something that's more noticeable at peak times.

I changed jobs last year and took a bit of a hit financially, but I'm happier with it. I reviewed a lot of my bills last year and reduced costs dramatically. I moved my phone to O2 just before they were bought over and got a half price broadband deal. So I was £22.75pm with free calls any time / landline and broadband. The Sky offer is a free dish, installation, HD Box 80+ channels and broadband for a year. You only pay for line rental at £14.50 a month including free weekend calls. So it will reduce my costs and get a lot more for it.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

This post is coming to you via Plusnet, they originally gave the 15th as a completion date but put that back to the 18th, today, my internet stopped working yesterday tea time, I got an E-Mail from Plusnet tea time today saying the order was complete, I connected their router according to their instructions and switched the computer on, my mail notifier connected straight away but I waited the 15 minutes that tell you to before I hit the internet icon, the internet started straight away and is fast and stable so far.
When I have finished decorating I must do something about the tangle of B****** behind the computer.^_^

Image0172.jpg

Top Bottom