BT broadband offer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macp

Guru
We are already BT BB customers with a smarthub. We get good speeds and its reliable. Just got an offer from BT for Halo2 (see below). Im just wondering whether to go for it. I keep thinking we are free to go where we like not tied to anything right now. Although not sure I would bother looking at any other ISP.

BT offer

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I wouldn't re-deal with BT again. Contracted again last year (for 2) which I was led to believe was my complete package for £63, it's now £73 for no reason....

I also upgraded to Halo and almost immediately lost reliability and speed, but since my line tests as fine and well above threshold it was pointless. I had a rental property for a year with their basic (barely 20mb) ADSL and honestly, it was superior to my current 80mb fibre

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
I wouldn't re-deal with BT again. Contracted again last year (for 2) which I was led to believe was my complete package for £63, it's now £73 for no reason....

I also upgraded to Halo and almost immediately lost reliability and speed, but since my line tests as fine and well above threshold it was pointless. I had a rental property for a year with their basic (barely 20mb) ADSL and honestly, it was superior to my current 80mb fibre
Thanks yes im thinking not to bother.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Halo is just a rebrand of fibre. We got a reduction and Halo2 thrown at us this year. I also have 3 mesh discs to improve wife out to my garage and garden shed (they don't support it, but I've always told them what I was doing with it - certainly no issue. Great coverage in my garden now.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
our BT wi-fi usually becomes unreliable and patchy as soon as they bring out an upgrade... not convinced it isn't a deliberate ploy at their end, to get people to take out a new contract.

I pay £26.99 incl VAT for the broadband, calls and line rental and thought that was a lot- clearly not!

My mum's Post Office broadband and calls bundle is even better £109 a year.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Halo is just a rebrand of fibre. We got a reduction and Halo2 thrown at us this year. I also have 3 mesh discs to improve wife out to my garage and garden shed (they don't support it, but I've always told them what I was doing with it - certainly no issue. Great coverage in my garden now.
They are offering the Halo2 hub free and apparently £5 less a month.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
I've moved from BT this year to fibre-optic at half the price. BT are under pressure so are throwing these offers in.
Please do tell me more.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
You don't say what your monthly cost is so it's hard to judge what you should do.

All I can offer is we moved from BT, £73/month, to Sky, £25/month which is a saving of £576 pa. No reduction in service etc.

BT are always the highest cost provider. No complaints about the service we received but decided paying 3x as much was getting a bit silly. My advice would be to move!!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
£73 a month :eek:! Hai carumba! Plusnet is BT to all intents & purposes (they're a subsidiary, and use all the same infrastructure) and I pay £23.99. Phone calls are stupidly expensive, but who uses a landline to make phone calls? We do occasionally get a slightly flakey service at peak times - but then I seem to remember much the same happened when we were with BT - and for £50/month saving I think we'll continue to live with it. :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
£73 a month :eek:! Hai carumba! Plusnet is BT to all intents & purposes (they're a subsidiary, and use all the same infrastructure) and I pay £23.99. Phone calls are stupidly expensive, but who uses a landline to make phone calls? We do occasionally get a slightly flakey service at peak times - but then I seem to remember much the same happened when we were with BT - and for £50/month saving I think we'll continue to live with it. :smile:
I use Plusnet too. At the moment it is a non-fibre connection but I get 15 Mb/s and that is fine most of the time since I am the only one using it and I don't stream 4k video.

I only pay about £18/mo because I signed up a couple of customers and get a rebate for every month that they remain on Plusnet. If I got stuck in and got 10+ people to sign up, I'd get my service free and could even start earning some money! :okay:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Another BT customer that was being charged £60 a month for broadband and a phone I never used. Went with EE and now pay £24 a month. I have to pay for every phone call I make but every month that comes to about £0.30 p a month. BT were a rip off IMHO

Top Bottom