BT broadband offer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Our IT contractor was singing the praises of Zen today. It maybe the way I go except swmbo and my mother in law speak to each other every night on the landline. This is because the mobile signal out here is pants.
Does your MIL have broadband? If so buy a pair of VoIP phones & find a provider that offers free calls between users, I could suggest one but it would be against the forum rules.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Does your MIL have broadband? If so buy a pair of VoIP phones & find a provider that offers free calls between users, I could suggest one but it would be against the forum rules.
Funnily enough our IT guy suggested the same.

D

Deleted member 26715

Funnily enough our IT guy suggested the same.
Lots of cheap ones on Fleecebay, all business type as unfortunately they don't seem to make Residential ones.

D

Deleted member 26715

Privatising BT in the first place was the stupidest idea.
Why?

British Telecom was & still is an archaic company, it is a lumbering dinosaur within a fast moving industry, it should have been broken up more than it has, despite the claims it is still in effect a monopoly within the fixed line environment.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Privatising BT in the first place was the stupidest idea.
British Telecom was & still is an archaic company, it is a lumbering dinosaur within a fast moving industry, it should have been broken up more than it has, despite the claims it is still in effect a monopoly within the fixed line environment.
I am not generally a fan of privatisation but my memory of BT before that was that it could take several months to get a phone line installed. No point in complaining, that's just the way it was...

PS Oh, hang on... sounds like some people were still having problems like that nearly 30 years AFTER BT was sold off - LINK! :whistle:

D

Deleted member 26715

I am not generally a fan of privatisation but my memory of BT before that was that it could take several months to get a phone line installed. No point in complaining, that's just the way it was...

PS Oh, hang on... sounds like some people were still having problems like that nearly 30 years AFTER BT was sold off - LINK! :whistle:
Strangely enough I have currently been listening to ringing tone waiting for BT to answer now for 32 minutes, I ported 2 numbers away from our company today, the first was completed in 10 minutes, the second 5.5 hours later still has not been completed

D

Deleted member 26715

Strangely enough I have currently been listening to ringing tone waiting for BT to answer now for 32 minutes, I ported 2 numbers away from our company today, the first was completed in 10 minutes, the second 5.5 hours later still has not been completed
Waited 1 hour & have given up

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Waited 1 hour & have given up
Annoying, isn't it!

I think the longest that I waited in a company telephone queue was about 2 hours. I was on speakerphone and had to put up with muzak interrupted at intervals by a synthetic voice...

"tralalala trlalalala.. You..are..number..349..in..the..queue..Please..hold..the line..An..assistant..will..take..your..call..shortly..tralalala trlalalala"

"tralalala trlalalala.. You..are..number..317..in..the..queue..Please..hold..the line..An..assistant..will..take..your..call..shortly..tralalala trlalalala"

"tralalala trlalalala.. You..are..number..286..in..the..queue..Please..hold..the line..An..assistant..will..take..your..call..shortly..tralalala trlalalala"

"tralalala trlalalala.. You..are..number..199..in..the..queue..Please..hold..the line..An..assistant..will..take..your..call..shortly..tralalala trlalalala"

"tralalala trlalalala.. You..are..number..73..in..the..queue..Please..hold..the line..An..assistant..will..take..your..call..shortly..tralalala trlalalala"

"tralalala trlalalala.. You..are..number..6..in..the..queue..Please..hold..the line..An..assistant..will..take..your..call..shortly..tralalala trlalalala"

"tralalala trlalalala.. I..am..sorry..The..office..has..now..closed..Please..try..again..tomorrow..Lines..open..at..8..am.."
"Thank..you..for..wasting..hours..in..our..poxy..queue!"

[I made the last line up, but that is how I felt!! :cursing:]

Top Bottom